• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#406 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:30 PM

^^Thank you guys. You'll get a long rambly thank you right after...THIS...

:D

Chapter Thirty Three 
Cady's P.O.V. 

Four days later we had to leave.  

It's amazing that I was absolutely dreading coming there and even dreaded most of the time I was there, but when it came time to leave, I didn't want to. 

Well, truthfully, it was almost like leaving there would also be leaving the utter state of happiness I'd entered. 

I mean, everything had just been so...relaxed the past few days. I'd hung out with Joey a few times. Havan and I had at least, while Devon and Cory hung out (they'd apparently developed some sudden friendship). Devon still didn't like Joey, but his attitude towards him was far too hilarious to tell him Joey was gay. Dad hung out with Mandy and Mark at their house (he claimed he could drive one handed, but I'm not sure how good at that he was) and whenever Cory and Havan were out on the beach, I'd usually stay inside with Devon and we would talk...or whatever. 

"I don't want to leave!" Havan whined, dragging one of her suitcases down the stairs. She'd been complaining about it all morning. I can't say I blamed her. 

"It'll be ok," Cory told her, laughing lightly and grabbing her suitcase from her. "We've been here a while anyway."

"But I really wouldn't mind staying longer," she said, smiling hopefully. 

"It really has been awhile, babe," he said. 

Then they got into a "fight" about how long awhile actually was. I ignored them and continued to pack the snacks we hadn't eaten into my tote bag so I'd have some yummy stuff to eat on the way home. 

"What are you doing?" I heard Devon ask incredulously from behind me. 

I glanced back at him, smiling. "Nothing. Just packing some snacks for the ride home."

"A snack," he began, looking at my food collection. "Is like an apple or one of those chip bags that come in the fun size packs. This." He motioned toward my bag. "Is like a full course unhealthy meal. I mean, you've got a whole can of Pringles next to a giant bag of pretzels. And, oh my God, is that a liter Mountain Dew bottle? Cady, are you serious?"

I glared up at him playfully. "You'll never understand my diet requirements," I said, shaking my head at him. "You've always made fun of my snack intake. You just need to get over the fact that I can eat more than you, Devon."

He laughed sarcastically. "Oh, you know, I don't think I'm that jealous you can eat like a freaking truck driver, baby."

I glared at him for real. "I thought we discussed my position on the cute names," I said, clenching my teeth. "Totally against them, if you've forgotten."

He put both of his hands on the counter on either side my waist and leaned towards me. I pushed myself as far back against the counter, looking at him carefully. 

When he was about as close as possible to my face he looked at me and said, "Whatever you say." He paused for a moment. "Sweetheart."

The smirk that appeared on his face totally disgusted me. I frowned and he laughed. He was asking for it. 

"I really want to slap you right now," I told him, pushing him back with one hand and then crossing my arms. 

"Go ahead. Try. You won't do it," Devon challenged. 

I raised one eyebrow, silently asking if he honestly thought that. I lifted my hand up and lazily smacked it against his cheek before crossing my arms again. 

"Ow," he said, looking at me in disbelief. He rubbed the side of his face then shrugged. "Well, I guess I should have expected that."

"Yeah, ya think?" I asked, rolling my eyes and turning back around to finish my snack pile. 

Pretty much all the talking we'd done the past few days had been silly banter, but that was always going to be Devon and my's thing. Stupid and absolutely pointless conversations, along with sarcastic comments, was the basis of our relationship I think. Nothing was serious, but then again, if we wanted, we both had an unspoken agreement that we could talk to each other about anything. 

But mostly, our relationship would always revolve around meaningless conversations and stupid jokes. And that's how I liked it. 

"I see you've cleaned out the kitchen," I heard Dad's voice say behind us. I turned my head and grinned at him. He had gone to tell Mandy and Mark goodbye, and he was coming through the door. 

"I figured there was no reason to just throw it all away," I said defensively. "Right?"

Dad nodded, but he would have agreed with me on almost anything if I was getting defensive. 

"You know she eats too much," Devon told him, smiling, still leaning against the refrigerator behind him. 

"Are you trying to imply something?" I asked, pushing his shoulder and then putting my hands on my hips, cocking my head and looking at him, silently daring him to continue. 

Apparently he was an idiot since he just said, "Actually, I was simply stating a fact."

I considered a witty comeback, but decided slapping him again would be the most fun thing to do at the moment.

"Ow!" he complained again. He looked from me and then to my dad. "That is the second time she's done that in five minutes! Can you control your daughter?"

"I think it's already been established that, no, I cannot," Dad said, smiling and shaking his head as he started towards his room, probably to get his bags. 

"Ugh," Devon mumbled, grabbing a chip from the open bag I had and shoving it in his mouth. "Let's just leave."

"Aw, how can you say that?" a voice behind him said. I peaked behind Devon and saw Joey standing at the door with a grin spread across his face. 

"Joey!" I said happily, skipping over to him and hugging him. He hugged me back and laughed. "What are you doing here?"

"Saying goodbye, duh," he said, maneuvering so that one of his arms was just around my shoulder. 

"Telephones were invented to do things just like that," Devon pointed out, coming over and reaching his hand out toward me. 

Hah. I totally knew he was testing to see if I'd take his hand instead of stand with Joey. And, just to make him mad, I shook my head and wrinkled my nose at him, leaning against Joey. 

He glared at me for a moment, then Joey, then me, then he stormed out of the room, upstairs. 

"I find that amusing," Joey said quietly when Devon had slammed his door. He was just like a five year old. 

"Me too," I laughed, pulling back and smiling at him. "So, today's kinda sorda like goodbye, huh?"

"Yeeeeeah," Joey said, severally dragging it out for some reason. 

"Well...no, that sucks." I frowned. "I've only really hung out with you for a few hours. It's not fair."

He laughed at me and said, "Well, maybe I'll see you again."

"Like when?" I asked. 

"Like next summer or something." He shrugged. "We both have a beach house here. Chances are one day we are going to be here at the same time."

I hugged him again, hearing that he thought we were going to see each other again made me think we probably would. He'd been right about everything else so far. 

"Hey, where do you live anyway?" he asked, laughing. I guess it seemed strange we'd gotten to know each other, but didn't even know simple information like that. 

"Greensboro," I replied, smiling, still hugging him. "You?"

He pulled back from me and when I looked up he was grinning. 

"Joey....where do you live?" I asked, slowly smiling. 

"I live in freaking Asheboro!" 

•*•

Google claimed that it took fifty two minutes to get from Greensboro to freaking Asheboro, but I swear it only take forty five. 

Devon had come down upon hearing Joey yell where he lived and he looked absolutely horrified with this news, but I didn't care. I was so freaking happy about freaking Asheboro. 

Havan had been super excited about the news, and Cory seemed fairly happy about it. Dad was far more excited than I thought necessary, but all adults like Joey. Including Mandy and Mark. So figures he'd be super glad about it. 

We were all sitting in the family room. The car was packed and the only thing keeping us from going was the fact that we didn't want to go yet. Well, Devon did. It was obvious from the way he was slumped in his chair, frowning and not saying a thing. I felt bad for him, but, then again, he really needed to chill out. And it was far too adorable to tell him his stupidity was completely pointless. 

"Are you ok?" Cory asked him 

"Yep," Devon said, smiling over at me in I'm-not-really-happy-I'm-just-smiling-to-make-you-feel-bad way. 

I grinned and hopped up from where I was sitting with Joey and my dad on the couch. I sat down on the armrest of Devon's chair and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Happy now?" I asked. 

"Hell freakin' yeah," he said, hugging me. 

•*•*•*•
Corvan's P.O.V.

He was apparently hell freaking yeah happy. So was I. Because nothing was really wrong still. 

I thought it was hilarious Joey apparently lived right near us. And how much devon hated that. I knew it probably really didn't bother him that much, and he might have just enjoyed pouting about it. But it was funny. 

"So..." Joey started. He looked between us all. "Y'all do have to leave, don't you?" 

"Apparently," Havan grumbled. She was way too disappointed about leaving. 

"You'll live," I said, nudging her side. She shrugged, but smiled at me. 

"And we should probably leave soon..." Dad added carefully, suggesting that, yeah, we really did need to leave if we wanted to get back before it was dark. 

"Who's driving?" Havan asked curiously. 

That was a good question. I knew Dad could drive, but probably not for like four or so hours. 

"I will," I volunteered. God knew Havan couldn't. At least not very well. And Cady drove slower than some may think possible, and Devon would get lazy and complain half way through or fall asleep at the wheel. 

•*•

"And tell the other Joey's goodbye, and never think your name is insignificant, and become a therapist, and Call of Duty is stupid, and—"

"Shut up," Joey laughed at Cady, his head and arms sticking the window. We were all in the car, about to leave. Cady was just rambling on a goodbye. Which was dumb, since we didn't live far away. 

"I'm gonna see you again," he told her. Funny thing was, he was closer to Devon saying all this since Cady was sitting between him and Havan. And Devon looked like he was having a hard time keeping from rolling his eyes. 

"I know," Cady said. "Well, bye, dude." She leaned across Devon and hugged him again while Devon sighed over dramatically. I turned around and shot Devon a look, but he just shrugged and smiled a little. Cady was half in his lap so he couldn't have been that mad. 

She pulled back and smiled. I had moved the car about three inches when Joey said, "Oh, wait." I stopped and he peeked his head back inside car. 

"Yeah?" Devon asked, looking straight ahead. Cady was looking at him curiously. 

"I forgot to tell you guys something," he said, drumming his fingers against the the bottom of the window. He was grinning. "Oh, hmm, what was it...? Cady knows I think..."

"Joey..." Cady started, looking at him cautiously. "What are you doing..."

"I'm leaving in five seconds if I don't find out what you're talking about," I warned, glancing between everyone. 

"I wanna know," Havan said, scooting closer to the window. Dad looked at him expectantly. 

Joey leaned in a little more and he looked down, smiling, before looking up and saying two words that finally made everything make sense. 

"I'm gay."

I totally should have known. 

•*•

The reactions were completely different from everyone. Cady's was busting out laughing, Havan had an "ehmehgod!" attack, Dad said "huh" and then turned back around in his seat, and I just grinned. 

Devon's was by far the most amusing thing ever.  

"No way," he'd said simply staring at him. 

"Yeah huh," Joey had said, grinning. 

"You're lying."

"No, I'm not. Why would I?"

"Because you're way too good looking to be gay!"

Joey had looked taken back, but then he busted out laughing with Cady and said, "Dude, you can't be flirting with me when you have a girlfriend."

Devon had just stared at him before slowly declaring, "Man...you ARE actually gay..."

Pretty much the whole situation had been hilarious. Devon had gone on about for the first thirty minutes into the drive, but had finally shut up about it. Apparently Cady had told Joey she wouldn't tell us and that was her whole reason for not telling us. 

Surprisingly Dad had fallen asleep. Which was strange since he wasn't one to fall asleep on trips. Cady on the other hand was trying to fall asleep with her head in Devon's lap and feet in Havan's lap. I was feeling a slight deja vu...

"How much longer?" Havan complained. Funny how when you first leave the beach you don't want to go, but when you're riding home, you can't wait to get there. 

"We're only half way," I told her, shrugging and glancing back in the mirror at her. 

"I know a way to pass time..." Cady said. I could hear a smile in her voice. 

"Yeah?" Devon asked nonchalantly. Every time I'd glanced back he'd had her hands in her hair...it wasn't weird now. Well, not for them. For me it was really strange. 

"Let's play Would You Rather again..."

"Really?" Havan asked curiously. 

"Really."

"Ok..." Havan said. "Lemme just get my phone out..."

"Nah," Cady said. "We can just make the questions up. Take turns. We're not idiots." She paused. "At least not most of us."

"Was that directed at me?" Devon asked curiously. 

"Definitely," she replied, smiling. 

I listened to Havan begin the first question to Devon, and I realized what I rather do. To every question they'd ask me, my reply would honestly be neither. Because I would rather not change a thing. 

But for the sake of the game, I'd play along. I'd play along with my girlfriend, and Devon, and my best friend.

My mom might of been gone, but I was here. I was alive and I was going to live. In whatever stupid, idiotic, sarcastic manner suited me. And Cady, wether she liked it or not, was going to live life with me. 

•*•*•*•
Cady's P.O.V.

What would I rather do?

Well, that's a good question. I think I'll just go with the flow for a change...

...But let's face it. I'm going to do whatever the hell I want. 

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

......Hell freaking yeah...I just wrote a book. 

This is the most flipping surreal feeling everrrrrrrrr. 

And now that I have, it's time for a long and rambly, absolutely pointless to you probably but so important to me THANKS!

Ok. I'd like to thank the following people from MCMB....

Sara, Kylie, Rivea, GEORGIA!! (lol...), Bookie, Clara, Suze, Maria, Nikki, Brie, Elise (oh, yeah. I do remember people who comment once!), tribalfunk (you gave me a sleeping suggestion!). 

Without you guys this process wouldn't have been as fun. Your comments weren't just helpful, they made me laugh and smile when I was in a bad mood. 

But, really, I wouldn't have been able to do this AT ALL without CHEYENNE! 

My dear, (no one else but Cheyenne has to read this lol) yah gotta know I'd die if no one knew I wrote (because I'm like OCD, yo!). So just having YOU know means soooooooooooooooo much more than you could ever know! Anyways, darling, I just want you to know that I could have never of done this without you and you're my bestest friend ever and I love you more than you love chocolate. Think about the past summer and how I was writing this the entire time, wether we were at the pool or fighting about other stories. Know that you gave me far too many ideas and know that I'd be such a closed book without you. 

Ok. And even though they don't even know about it. This book is seriously dedicated to....Daddy, mommy, Jason. Jeffrey, Jared, Heidi, Cheyenne, and....well, anyone I've ever met. 

Ok. I think I need to stop being SAPPY! hehe. 

Anyways, I'm done. XD

There is a little rumor floating around might do a sequel (hmm, who started that :D ). Key word is might. If I do I'm not gonna post it immediately. Try and read any otter stuff I post in the future. I hope to continue improving. 

Oh Kay..soooo...it's goodbye time I guess. 

LONG LIVE JOEY MCPHERSON!!

I'm sorry that just had to be said. 

Anyway, with that I bid you...farewell. 

See ya. 

Luv,
Hell freaking yeah finished with her first book Jamie frickin' meeeeee!

Ps: oh, yeah. As always, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!! (probably that I'm insane lol...)

#407 Gee{or}jah

Gee{or}jah

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:55 AM

JAMIE!!!!, JAMIE!!!!, JAMIE!!!!

Ha, LOL.

OH MY GOD.

You finished.

Thants freaking AWESOME!

And the whole story/ending.... EVEN MORE FREAKING AWESOME.

I Love this, Seriously <3

Georgia.x

#408 livexlovexdance

livexlovexdance

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

Yay!

I'm really going to miss this story, but hopefully that rumor will be true! ;)

That was so cute! I think it ended perfectly! :D

Congratulations on finishing your first book!

:heartbeat: Sara

#409 rockgal

rockgal

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

Aww it ended so perfectly! I loved every bit of it.

Can't wait for you to do a sequel ;) and congrats on finishing it!
I'm glad you did, but I'm still going to miss this story loads! :)

#410 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:43 PM

LOVED IT JAIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh my god is over :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2: :icon_mecry2:
sequel please?????????????????????
lol loved t 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%
grats!
~ :mgbumblebee:

#411 kylie

kylie

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:43 PM

WOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO! :heartbeat:
Congrats on finishing your story!
Just curious, but do you konw the word count for this?

Anyways,,

AMAZING! :heartbeat:
I love love love love loved this story. I will miss it. (Unless there is more? hmm hmm ;) )
Everything tied together and concluded really nicely.

Hah, I just knew Joey was going to tell everyone he was gay. It was perfect. Haha, Devon <3

And if you choose not to write a sequel, I'll be okay. I think this ended pretty good for itself. As long as you keep writing some more awesomly awesome stories.

Sound good?
K :D

#412 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:52 PM

GEORGIA!!: Dude thaaaaaanks!! The ending totally wasn't how I thought it was going to end, but I liked it better than my other!

Sara: Thanks! Even though I loved writing it it's such a relief to be done still. Lol and we'll see about the...rumor...haha.

Maria: Thank you :D I loved writing it. Hehe.

Bookie: Awwww thanks!!! Hahaha MAYBE! I make no promises. Hehe.

Kylie: Thank you thank you! :) I think it's about 68,000 Way more than I expected. Yeah, everything did come together. And if I did a sequel it would probably involve Cady reconciling with old friends, issues with her dad, and issues with Havan and Cory maybe. And I'd probably throw Joey in there for fun! Lol.

Luv
Jamie

Ps: Hahaha I think I might right a short story about how Cady and Devon met. I Mentioned it in like the first chapter extremely briefly. If I do write it, I'll let y'all know and post it under the short story area.

#413 bookwormwriter98

bookwormwriter98

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

eeep!

~ :mgbumblebee:

#414 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:02 AM

OH MY GAWDDDDDDD XD You finished the whole story, and ofcourse, it was AMAZING!!!! :icon_sunny: I can't wait to read your next one :) And maybe someday, Cady and Corvan will get published, and I will be able to happily say that I was one of the first people to read it and support it ;) lol
Well good luck with your writing Jamie :)
Suzeeeeee :heartbeat:

#415 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:15 PM

Bookie: Hehe :D

Suze: THANKS!! so much. That's means a lot :). I hope you continue to read my stories!

Luv
Jamie

#416 Allthingsstellar

Allthingsstellar

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:32 AM

Oh wow!!!! You finished it and I loved every single bit of it, right from how Devon and Cady got together (finally!!!!), the seashell necklace, havan and Cory were as usual stable, and Joey finally admittedhe's gay!!! I love all their reactions at that part by the way.

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Congrats!!!!! Yes you wrote an amazing, fantastic, awesome NOVEL!!! Revel in it :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

LUV YA!]

Rivea :icon_flower:

PS> sorry I was away; I had big scary exams :(

Edited by Allthingsstellar, 20 November 2010 - 06:32 AM.

#417 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:39 AM

Rivea: Hey! Yeah, thank you. I'd wondered you disappeared to...oh, I reveled in it quite a bit lol. Trust me :D Thank so much, again.

#418 NikkiandEm

NikkiandEm

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

I LOVED IT, J. IM SERIOUSLY ALMOST IN TEARS.

BEAUTIFUL!

-Nikki

#419 <3Cheese<3

<3Cheese<3

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:01 AM

So....HEY!!

I realized you finished this like two months or something ago and I never gave you the speech I wanted to give for completing one of my life goals at the age of FOURTEEN!!!

So sorry for the delay, but here is your well deserved speech/rambling message!

:mgturtle::

My Shining Star, you have completed, and accomplished the whole world's dream! And guess what, it feels really good doesnt it!? Yes. Yes it does. Jamie, you are such a fabulous writer who can take criticism like it's covered in bubble wrap. You're so talented and beautiful <33 Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Keep writing until your fingers twist up, and fall off. Because even then we'll read what brilliancy you've created. Cady and Corvan is just one of MANY masterpieces you will succeed with. Keep writing my darling, it's who you are!! <33

:mgturtle:

So that might have freaked you out or whatnot! But, ;D Jamie, I love you and this was so amazing. Cady being all conflicted yet so right! Devon not giving up because he truly loved her! Havan for being so demented and fun (like you!!). Corvan for being...well, Corvan! There is no other way to describe that boy!

I pretty sure a lot of what happen was ALL YOU, BABE! But, I issued a few of 'em ;) {{JOEY!}} {{GANDOLF!!}}
Even though this comment is extremely late I'm feeling all strange and mushy and weird and happy again. I really hope in the future you try and get this published. I'll even slap the publishers a few times to get it published. But then again, my therapist says I'm too violent sometimes so I might shouldn't.

Anyways, Simon, though our families haven't learned who we really are, we always have each other!

With respect, love, envy, and happiness,
Cheyenne Nicole Tuck

(I MADE JOEY GAY!)

#420 suze.angelova

suze.angelova

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

I just spent the last few hours re-reading this story, and it is even better than I remember! You are an amazing writer Jamie- from the beginning you had me hooked, and this was the first story that I fell in love with on this site :)

:heartbeat: Suze

#421 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:15 PM

MY GAD! I loves this! CADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT SO!!!! DEVON! oh my god, HOT MUCH? SWEET MUCH? uumm Yeah!!!!
Can't wait to read the sequel!
Alex~ :user:

#422 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

Suze: You really DON'T know how much that means to me. Thank you sooo much. :)

Alex: Thank you :D it's nice to know this still gets read! And the sequel is called FACE IT.

#423 DayDreamer95

DayDreamer95

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

Yay! I can't wait for you to publish it! This is just so sweet! And I just have fallen in love since the first line.
Alex~ :mgbubblegum:

#424 Jcrazy

Jcrazy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

I just went and read almost all the comments on this story... :) I had so much fun writing this even if it wasn't that good compared to how I write now!!

Aw...
A big thanks to all you guys who read this... :heartbeat:
The comments always made my day <3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users