• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46 Poorva

Poorva

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:30 AM

HI! I just wanted to know if there are story books on Avalon High : Coronation. If not please can you write one Meg???
And Happy New Year!

#47 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

^^^There will only be the manga versions. Meg chose to write them that way for a reason. If she wanted to write them as a regular novel, she would have done that instead of the manga. She isn't going to take time out of her busy schedule to write something again that's already out in the world.

#48 maryispurple3434

maryispurple3434

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Hi Meg!
I loved Avalon High and saw the movie too but i think it would be really cool if you did a sequel. I know that there are the Manga series but that's not really my thing and i'm sure other people feel the same so it would be really awesome to read a sequel!I probably sound really selfish but I think it would be so so so cool!
Bye, Mary!
PS. I love all of your YA books. They always have really cool storylines!

#49 crazylame1

crazylame1

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:11 AM

Hi Meg,
I just want to know whether or not "Hunter's Moon" is gonna be the last book in the series? Thanks :)
PS I read all your teen books and they are simply the best romance books EVER ;)

#50 xx--KitKat

xx--KitKat

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

Dear Meg,
Since the writers who put Avalon High on Disney Channel changed so much of Avalon High (Not that it is necessarily a bad thing), do you maybe think in a few years time that there might be some chance of making another movie?
So much was changed, that it is almost a different story completely. Yes, it was good adaption and had a good moral to it, and was also changed for younger viewers. But, I think that some of us may want to see a different adaption that is closer to the book, and maybe for more mature viewers.
Sooo, do you think that another film adaption of the book would be at all possible? Or has it kind of reached its limit as to where it can go film-wise?

#51 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

Dear Meg,
Since the writers who put Avalon High on Disney Channel changed so much of Avalon High (Not that it is necessarily a bad thing), do you maybe think in a few years time that there might be some chance of making another movie?
So much was changed, that it is almost a different story completely. Yes, it was good adaption and had a good moral to it, and was also changed for younger viewers. But, I think that some of us may want to see a different adaption that is closer to the book, and maybe for more mature viewers.
Sooo, do you think that another film adaption of the book would be at all possible? Or has it kind of reached its limit as to where it can go film-wise?

When film rights have been optioned and bought (as they were with Disney) I am pretty sure that's the end of it. Sadly, I don't think we'll see much another film adaptation of Avalon High, despite the fact that fans of the books weren't thrilled.

--Bookie

#52 Tashi Namgyal

Tashi Namgyal

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

HI MEG CAN U please TELL ME WHETHER THE SECOND SERIES OF AVALON HIGH IS RELEASED IN INDIA
:D

#53 katedabat

katedabat

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

HI!
I'm doing a project on Avalon High for my history class and was wondering if most of the information in Avalon High is true? For instance you say that it doesn't matter which sword it is its the person who hands it to King Arthur that matters. Is that true?

#54 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Avalon High is based on Medieval History and Myth, but a lot of the incidents detailed in Avalon High are based on Medieval myth and not actual history. There is a lot of debate on whether Arthur was actually a real person, but it's a hotly debated topic among historians.

#55 MegCabot

MegCabot

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Root Admin
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

HI!
I'm doing a project on Avalon High for my history class and was wondering if most of the information in Avalon High is true? For instance you say that it doesn't matter which sword it is its the person who hands it to King Arthur that matters. Is that true?

I did a ton of research on the book, and, as Bookie stated above, it is a hotly debated topic. But most historians agree there was an ancient king who brought the warring tribes of ancient Britain together (whether or not his name was Arthur is also in debate). Obviously he would have had a sword. Whether or not that sword was imbued with magic powers is up to readers.

#56 AvalonHighismyfav

AvalonHighismyfav

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

Hey Meg,

Were you pleased with the movie Avalon High? I love your book Avalon High... It is so touching I love how Will and Ell connect.

The thing is i love the book. But I liked the movie.. not loved it... It was a let down for me. Not a lot of details.. The characters didn't seem right.

They cut out most inportant parts in the book. The ending upset me to. BUT i love Avalon high. iT took me 13 hours to finish the book. I truely love it.. Maybe you should make Avalon high a movie like the book!I love Will and Elle together <3 lol. 5 out of 5 on book 3 out of 5 on movie

Sincerely: AvolonHighismyfav

#57 AvalonHighismyfav

AvalonHighismyfav

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

When film rights have been optioned and bought (as they were with Disney) I am pretty sure that's the end of it. Sadly, I don't think we'll see much another film adaptation of Avalon High, despite the fact that fans of the books weren't thrilled.

--Bookie

When I saw the movie.. I liked it.. I cried a lot when the story line of the book was amazing but the dinsey version was... okay i guess. I wonder if Meg could ask to make another Avalon High because I mean... The movie left out all the detail of the book!

Bookie :(

#58 AvalonHighismyfav

AvalonHighismyfav

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

Hi Meg!
I loved Avalon High and saw the movie too but i think it would be really cool if you did a sequel. I know that there are the Manga series but that's not really my thing and i'm sure other people feel the same so it would be really awesome to read a sequel!I probably sound really selfish but I think it would be so so so cool!
Bye, Mary!
PS. I love all of your YA books. They always have really cool storylines!

oh my god i want her to do another one.. She can do it herself and just do it how the book is! I cried when i saw the movie.. it took out all the interesting things like when ellie was floating and when Will laughed and was so sincere I WANT IT LIKE THE BOOK MEG/! please WE really need it like the book! I love avalon high. the movie is just not the same.. :(

#59 booknerd15

booknerd15

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:15 PM

Hi Ms.Cabot! I really loved Avalon High, it is the ONLY book I am ever willing to re-read and the only book I've actually bought. I love King Arthur's legend and the idea of him in the new age. I always recommend this book to my friends. Okay so now that I've done my gushing about the book here is my predicament: I bought the book as an ebook and what I really want is a signed copied. I know people probably always ask you for  this so I understand if you don't reply or don't want to, but maybe I've caught you in a good mood? It would be really nice if you could do this for me. I'm graduating high school this year, so maybe it could be a graduation present? It would mean a lot to me. Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users