• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 bookgirl25

bookgirl25

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Welcome to Ask Meg About the Abandon Series!

Here you can post questions about Meg's YA series Abandon!

:spinstar: PLEASE read the FAQ before you ask a question in the forum. This will save time and space.

:spinstar: PLEASE use the SEARCH BUTTON and the book forums FIRST.

:spinstar: PLEASE do not chat in this thread! This is for asking questions, and Meg will answer. If you would like to chat about the book, go to the book forums Here!

:spinstar: PLEASE be respectful if you answer a question in this forum!

And as always, PLEASE, adhere to the Meg Cabot Message Boards rules!

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS! (Pst! Read this before posting!)

:spinstar: When will the sequel to Underworld come out?
The third book, Awaken is planned for a release in Spring of 2013!

:spinstar: What makes Pierce different from your other characters?
Pierce Oliviera has been through a lot, even though she's only seventeen. She's already died (and been revived), but she can never forget about John Hayden, the guy she met during the short time she was dead . . . or that the reason she died was because someone in her own family killed her. That's a heavy load for an adolescent girl to carry! People keep telling her to "forgive and forget," but would you?

:spinstar: Why is the relationship between Pierce and John darker than some of the romances in your other books?
Because both of them have been through so much! As we find out about Pierce in Abandon, and John in Underworld, both of them come from pretty messed up families. These two will have to overcome a lot of obstacles—vengeful spirits, their troubled pasts, as well as their own stubborn personalities—if they're going to have any hope of being together.

:spinstar: Why doesn't Pierce want to live in the Underworld with John if she loves him?
I believe we're all given a "calling" in life . . . something we're particularly good at and meant to do as a career, vocation, or even just as a hobby. John knows what his is . . . sorting the dead. But Pierce is still discovering hers, and a part of her knows she's unlikely to discovery it if she's stuck in the Underworld all day while John is out fulfilling his calling. Also, she has still some unfinished business on earth. The person who tried to murder her is still running around free, and is also causing trouble for the rest of her family. Plus, I think it's unfair to have to say goodbye to your mom and dad forever at age seventeen, no matter how much love your boyfriend. Those Furies need to be destroyed. Perhaps this is Pierce's calling?

:spinstar: Why does Pierce eat the food she is served in the Underworld? Doesn't she know she might have to stay there forever?
Pierce is familiar with the myth of Persephone, and she believes that pomegranate seeds are the food of the dead. Since she doesn't eat any pomegranate seeds, she believes she is free to leave the Underworld. There is nothing about waffles in the myth of Persephone.

:spinstar: What is the difference between the Furies and the Fates and how do they operate in the Underworld?
The Furies are spirits of departed souls who don't like where they were sent after death, and have come back to seek vengeance. Sometimes they will possess a weak-willed person and entice that person into doing evil.
The Fates are the opposite of Furies. Though invisible, they act as caretakers of the Underworld. On Earth, when someone does good or helps another person, it's because a Fate has intervened. No one knows where the Fates come from.

:spinstar: Does Pierce understand the consequences of her actions when she and John spend the night together in the Underworld?
She did not. She thought he was referring to demon babies. But in the heat of the moment, it's unlikely she'd have cared if she had fully understood. Pierce loves John, whom she has known for more than half her life, and she knows that he loves her back. And she believes she can fix everything that is broken in the Underworld, because she hasn't lived there long enough to know better.

:spinstar: What do you hope readers will take away from Underworld?
As with all my books, I hope readers are entertained.

:spinstar: Can you give any hints about what we can expect in Book Three?
The Abandon trilogy is about people who've been abandoned in some way—often by their own families, but also by society. Hopefully in Awaken, Pierce and her friends will discover that what they've always been led to believe by others are faults within themselves are actually hidden strengths, and they will be able to turn their abandonment into salvation . . . not just for themselves, but for everyone in the world who's ever felt like them.

Thanks for your attention!
Enjoy!
--Bookie

#2 starlightdreamer052000

starlightdreamer052000

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

Hi Meg,

Me and my friend are big fans of the book. We are having a debate over Kaylas role. Specifically the meaning of the color it shows around her. I argue that its normal a color for royalty (or in this case a higher being)so she is she going to have a much bigger part than we have seen so far.

#3 zaraelizabeth

zaraelizabeth

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

hey meg, My name is Zara and i'm 13 years old. I am a very big fan of your books!!!! (especially the abandon series, and princess diaries.
hi, i didn't know where else to write e message to you sorry.
I just wanted to ask you a few questions for my school project.
If you wouldn't mind could you please respond. This would be very helpful.
Do you have a family of your own? (kids, a husband, and/or pets?)
What influences you too write your books? (your family)
When did you start writing your books?
How long did you want to be an author for?
If you weren't an author what do you think you would be doing now?
Thanks... sorry if these questions were too personal. You really don't have to anwser if you don't want too, but i would hope you would.
Sincerely
Zara :D

#4 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

There is a FAQ page on Meg's website- http://www.megcabot....sked-questions/ It should contain all your answers and much more.

#5 lolz908

lolz908

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hey Meg :icon_lol:

Oh my gosh I am like obsessed with you Abandon Trilogy I am really exited to read the third book. I do not really read a lot, but your books are AMAZING!!! :) I am so exited for the third book! I can't stop reading about John and Pierce. They make such a cute couple! I also re-read all the parts that have them in it Oh I just love the Abandon Trilogy so much! :a_smil08:

#6 Stephie

Stephie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

Dear Meg,

I just finished reading 'Awaken' - I love the series and had the great luck to get it from NetGalley - and as much as I loved it, there is one thing I didn't understand and such things drive me crazy.

Spoiler

I'd really want to know, so please enlighten me.

Yours sincerely,

Stephie

#7 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

Not sure when Meg will get back to you (maybe soon since she seems to be on quite a bit these days) but here's my theory:

Spoiler

Edited by Beautifully Intended, 25 June 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#8 Stephie

Stephie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

Spoiler

#9 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

Spoiler

#10 Moreawaken

Moreawaken

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Dear Ms Cabot,
Will you ever write another Abandon book?
I know that it's the end of the trilogy AND you said in the after-thought thing that is was a possibility but, please do! There were some unanswered questions and I want to know details about Pierce/John's life! ( For example- Do they get married? Does Pierce get pregnant? If so how does Pierce/John/parents react? Again if so does she tell John immediately? Does evil grandmother come back? Why does the necklace turn purple around Kayla? What happens with various trials of bad people?)
-B

#11 Phunky_old_mee

Phunky_old_mee

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

Dear Meg:
Will their be a movie to the book Abandon? This series is brilliant, I love how the story has gone so far and I can't wait to read the third book. It has to be put into a movie, I hope you reply because I really want this series to be on the big screen ASAP ! Lol!

#12 Girlypnguin

Girlypnguin

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:10 AM

Is there another book to the abandon series

Edited by Girlypnguin, 04 August 2013 - 03:12 AM.

#13 Girlypnguin

Girlypnguin

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:12 AM

Dear meg
Im not sure if u will reply to this question but like many others i v wanted to know weather or not your planning to write a forth or fifth book to the abandon series, which maybe pierces baby could be kidnapped by her grandmother who might yet again have another powerful fury possessing her. But this is your book and i wish u wrote many more to this particular series

#14 kbelle

kbelle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

I'm confused about the timeline of when Alex and Pierce were born. 

Pierce is older than Alex, correct?

And Deb is older than Chris. Chris was a minor when he got arrested on drug charges and went to prison. 

So were both Deb and Chris teen parents? 

#15 Maria:)

Maria:)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

In my opinion the series is AWESOME! But i don't understand the purple color around Kayla. And I strongly believe this series would be the movie i would watch 20 times if it became a movie!

#16 anniedelsignore

anniedelsignore

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Hi Meg,

I just finished reading Awakened (which I absolutely loved) and was left with a question or two.

Spoiler

#17 KayleeShymmers

KayleeShymmers

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:57 AM

Dear Ms Cabot,
Will you ever write another Abandon book?
I know that it's the end of the trilogy AND you said in the after-thought thing that is was a possibility but, please do! There were some unanswered questions and I want to know details about Pierce/John's life! ( For example- Do they get married? Does Pierce get pregnant? If so how does Pierce/John/parents react? Again if so does she tell John immediately? Does evil grandmother come back? Why does the necklace turn purple around Kayla? What happens with various trials of bad people?)
-B

#18 KayleeShymmers

KayleeShymmers

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:46 AM

Hi Ms Cabot,

Like what Moreawaken has said and I had quoted after her (sorry it's my first time using and I wanted to add what I wanted to say after her quote before posting it, which was caused by an accidentally click,) I do really hope there is a continuation in the series!

And I know it might not be as popular as among your other books, but I'm sure there would loads that you can write about, (adding on to Moreawaken ideas) like maybe the son/daughter of Pierce and John being half mortal and half dead having some special powers, a visit from the other Greek gods like Hades or Zeus, the future of Frank and Kayla, a mortal trespasser into the Underworld, the Furies stirring up even more trouble for John and Pierce, or perhaps Pierce being dragged onto the boats by the bad souls and John, Pierce (and the readers) get to finally know what exactly is in the 'final destination' ( a piece of wasteland, a garden of spring, who knows?). You're a wonderful writer and your books have never failed me.

Okay, you might say I'm obsessed with this series (which I am), but I do really, really, really hope that there will be another series or book(s) that sequels this series whereby there will be adventures of John, Pierce and the Underworld and they would spring back to live from their "well-deserved rest"( isn't an eight month break long enough? Boy, if only I get an eight month break from school).

I know, 'All good things must come to an end.' But what I believe, is that if it makes someone laugh, cry, have toe-curling and heart racing moments, why not let it continue? And I know you have other books to work on, and there are still the publishers to deal with, and time to spend with your family, (and me, begging for more of the series) but -let me say it again- I really, really, really hope for a continuation to this series (preferably another series that sequels to this one, if possible).

And I probably spent 30-45mins of my life writing this letter not knowing if you would ever read this or reply, I know it was worth it-like how Pierce is willing to stay with John in the Underworld for eternity.

Please, be my miracle.
One. Two. Three.
Blink.

#19 okigurl

okigurl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:53 AM

Ok first of all, I have to say that this series has now become my all time favorite set of books.
Which is crazy because I just read the whole series in under 48 hours. I could've done it under 24 I think if I didn't have to do other stuff. It was just that good. Every sentence was perfect and I am now currently rereading the series.
I am a bookworm and your books were my first actual girl books I read when I was younger. Lately I have become obssessed with my phone on Instagram and reading fanfiction instead of reading actual books. So I found myself in the library in the YA section looking at all your books. I have read many, probably most of your books so when I saw Abandon, a book I didn't reconize I immediately read the summary and fell in love.
Then I contined to read the the book all day an all night until I finished. Then I read Underworld the following day and now I just finished reading Awaken an I am extremely happy but I can't help but wonder what else happens?
Do they get married? Do they have a baby? Is she possibly ALREADY pregnant? Also Mr. Smith said that there could be mutiple underworlds, is that true? Is there a chance John and Pierce could met other Underworld rulers? Is it possible they might even meet Hades, Persephone, or any other of the Greek Gods?
I know you are busy writing the new installments for the Mediator and The Princess Diares but I would LOVE to read more about Pierce and John in he Underworld.
Also is it true they are making a movie of this series? If so when will it be produced an released?
So yea, I really hope you read this, and all the other replies and decide to write the fourth book soon😁😁

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users