• Please log in to reply
757 replies to this topic

#721 dark angel

dark angel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:55 PM

It's started a long time ago, but never faded away during all this time. I'm glad it has come to the end, though I don't mean that I didn't like the story. I Love it. And what a coincidence I was just watching 'She's the Man' on the TV. It feels good that your story had a realistic ending, though everyone wasn't 'hapily ever after' like the movie, things fit perfectly. I'm hopeful that it won't be your last tale here, Liz. And lastly, to conclude the comment, I love you (in a perfectly straight authorly way).

-Em

#722 Forever Waiting

Forever Waiting

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

Ah, it is in the completed section! It really had finished.

I can't wait for the Luke sequel, so if you can, start it soon, because your fans are dying :P. And also, congrats for finishing DLLAL!

Love,

Lizey

#723 SoccerRules

SoccerRules

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 02:19 PM

I can't believe this is over! So sad really!
Because this was such a facinating story too.

♥ cerra

#724 Very_Moody_Ryter

Very_Moody_Ryter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

Yep, as they say on Loony Tunes: "That's all, folks!"

Wow your finished, the last two updates were awesome by the way.
I must agree with everyone else that this is probably the best story on MCMB and i'm a little sad that it's over :(
But then again we get a new story out of it, so yay for that!!! But I do hope Alex stays with Rick.

Any who can't wait for the next story :)

Beccaxx :elmo:

Thanks, Becca!! ^_^

Aww, you're so sweet, thank you!! I'm seriously touched!!

Yes, Alex does stay with rick -- for a while. After all, he's graduating, and she's still in high school, so there might be some problems with that. But yeah, otherwise, rest assure, they will be together for a while! :)

Oh. Wow. I loved it! That was so brilliant! I'm a bit sad that it's the end but
there's a sequel with Luke so woohoo I can't wait for that!

Parasmita is definately right DLLAL is the best story on MCMB.

Love
Tay :mgicecream:

Thank you Tay! Aww!!! Seriously, you guys are like the BEST!!! <333

-sobs- I can't believe it's over! This was one of my favorite stories on the site! I'm so happy I read it and I can't wait for the sequel. It may be about Luke, but with you I'm sure I'm going to love it!

I'm sorry I haven't commented lately!

Aww, thank you! I am currently trying to think of ideas for the sequel. I'm a bit stumped right now... but once it gets going, be sure that it's gonna be up here @ the MCMB!!

I LOVE IT!

I'm gonna miss Rick, though...

-Anna

Ah... Rick. He was such a great character. Yeah, I'm gonna miss writing about him too. When I get to the sequel, you'll see him again, though! ;)

Awwwwwww, it's over? Did she ever stay in contact with Rich? It sounds like she is going forever.
Lizzy1212 :D

Yes, in fact she does. :) And no, she's just going to Eleanor Roosevelt Academy now, haha. Which is ideal -- it's only 10 minutes away from Wallace Academy! XD

It's started a long time ago, but never faded away during all this time. I'm glad it has come to the end, though I don't mean that I didn't like the story. I Love it. And what a coincidence I was just watching 'She's the Man' on the TV. It feels good that your story had a realistic ending, though everyone wasn't 'hapily ever after' like the movie, things fit perfectly. I'm hopeful that it won't be your last tale here, Liz. And lastly, to conclude the comment, I love you (in a perfectly straight authorly way).

-Em

Awww... yeah, that movie is so fun to watch! Never last, my dear!

Aww, thank you! i love you, too (in a perfectly straight, readerish way). ^_-

Ah, it is in the completed section! It really had finished.

I can't wait for the Luke sequel, so if you can, start it soon, because your fans are dying :P. And also, congrats for finishing DLLAL!

Love,

Lizey

Yeah. :(

NOooo!!! I can't let my fans DIE!!! Must write!!! XoX

And thank you, Lizey!

I can't believe this is over! So sad really!
Because this was such a facinating story too.

♥ cerra

Thanks, Cerra!!

You guys are awesome!!! Oh, and I must say (since I wasn't even aware of the Vertigo awards until yesterday, when Loo pointed them out to me):

You guys ROCK!!! Thank you for the nominations!! I was so touched, and I"m honored!! i have one the best reader-fans on the MCMB, I think!!!

That totally revs me up, and now I want to write something totally kick-a$$ and hope it's worthy as a thank you!!!

Much Love!!

Liz-senpai

#725 m0nkey_luvs

m0nkey_luvs

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:23 PM

A SEQUAL????

YAY!!!!!

-Anna

#726 Un_Ryter_Inspired

Un_Ryter_Inspired

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:03 AM

If I look and dig far enough, I can get many exciting results. Liz, it's Miranda, in case you dunno. I really like thist story. Now you officially have awed me. Good luck with sequel! I'll finish reading this soon!

#727 Very_Moody_Ryter

Very_Moody_Ryter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:16 PM

Whoa, hey Miranda!! Thanks for reading this! I'm flattered, thanks! >.< Well, I have already posted up the first chapters of my Sequel for those who are interested.

A SEQUAL????

YAY!!!!!

-Anna

Yep: right here. :D

#728 Monki_413

Monki_413

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:05 PM

You my friend are

AMA-ZA-ZING!!

thats was AWESOME and it was totally worth me checkin the forum everyday for updates...hahaha

*rushes to click on the spinoff*

YAY!! WEEEEEEE!!!

#729 MissHertzog...=]

MissHertzog...=]

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

Oh.My.God !!!!
i cannot believe i have never read this - it's AWESOME !!!
seriously it took me ages 2 read but it was worth every second !!
you're and amazing writer - well done !!! :D:D
gotta run now so i can read the sequel !! *squeals excitedly* yay !!
anyway ... bravo on a fab story !! :eusa_clap:
Frankie xx

#730 sunburst-chick9

sunburst-chick9

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:27 PM

wow, I love this story sooo much!

I can't believe that I've never read this until now though, but I'm so glad I read it anyway - Its just amazing!

and its such a totally original Idea too, you are a really great writer!

to be honest - I am an all round Luke fan - He's just so darn cute! :D

anyway, I heard that there's a sequel so I'm going to go check it out! *runs over to the F&P forum to check out the sequel*

mia xx

#731 Forever Waiting

Forever Waiting

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:14 AM

^Yes! *punches air*

Another Luke fan to add to our collection.

:heartbeat: Luke :heartbeat:

:D

Lov,e

Lizey

#732 sunburst-chick9

sunburst-chick9

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:57 AM

^ lol!

yes, :heartbeat: Luke :heartbeat:

:lol:

mia xx

#733 thehealthyalternative

thehealthyalternative

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

I love! Update soon and leave my topic some comments/CC too!

<3 Petra.

#734 peanut_butter

peanut_butter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:00 PM

Yeah, it HAS been forever since i started this story, hasn't it? Let me check the word document of it. It says the file was created February 2007. O_O Yeah, I"d say that feels about "forever". haha!

Thank you!! And I understand what you mean. I'm sad when stories are over, too. You should have seen me when I found out the manga, Fruits Basket was ending. I was so depressed. :(

PINKY Promise, Gracey!

:)

YAY. Another story from Liz. With a Pinky Promise, no less.
Yeah, this was one of the first stories I started reading when I came to the FP. So, um, yeah.
Write another.
Now.

:P

Love,
Gracey :elmo:

#735 nomi

nomi

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:09 PM

Yeah, it HAS been forever since i started this story, hasn't it? Let me check the word document of it. It says the file was created February 2007. O_O Yeah, I"d say that feels about "forever". haha!

Thank you!! And I understand what you mean. I'm sad when stories are over, too. You should have seen me when I found out the manga, Fruits Basket was ending. I was so depressed. :(

PINKY Promise, Gracey!

:)

Okay, so I kinda jumped on the story wagon a bit late in the game but that doesn't stop me from loving it any less! You've come so far with this story, Liz. You should be so proud of yourself! Wait, Fruits Basket is ending?! :o This is...terrible! It's like I'm losing two best friends in one day. :icon_mecry2: I will truly miss both excellent stories! I promise to be a more diligent reader on the new stories you have.

P.S. Ever read Beastly? It's a YA book with a modern spin on Beauty and the Beast...I remember you had a fantastic re-telling of that once. I have to say that yours rivaled it!

#736 Querida_de_Jesse

Querida_de_Jesse

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:56 AM

* NEW READER* I love your story. I know a song that's so impeccably appropriate:

It's over and I feel So alone
This is a Sadness I've never known
How did I let
The sweetest of my dreams
Slip Away
And I'm afraid the hurt is
here to stay (unless you make a sequel ;})

Please make a Sequel? And Tell us what it's name is? Or give us a link? please? thanks.

#737 Ari-san

Ari-san

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 8,496 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:51 AM

Please make a Sequel? And Tell us what it's name is? Or give us a link? please? thanks.

Heya!

The sequel is already up, and you can find it HERE.

Hope that helps!

ali :D

#738 Querida_de_Jesse

Querida_de_Jesse

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:19 AM

^^ Thanks Ali!!!

Kat

#739 Querida_de_Jesse

Querida_de_Jesse

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:51 PM

Did I mention that this story reminds me alot of She's the Man?

Kat

#740 Very_Moody_Ryter

Very_Moody_Ryter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:52 PM

Wow, the fact that there's still people posting comments to this finished story can attest to a lot to the fact that my readers? Are ALWAYS AWESOME!!

You my friend are

AMA-ZA-ZING!!

thats was AWESOME and it was totally worth me checkin the forum everyday for updates...hahaha

*rushes to click on the spinoff*

YAY!! WEEEEEEE!!!

Aww, you're so sweet, monki!! And then there was me checking the forums every day for comments and replies to the updates!! :icon_redface:

Oh.My.God !!!!
i cannot believe i have never read this - it's AWESOME !!!
seriously it took me ages 2 read but it was worth every second !!
you're and amazing writer - well done !!! :D:D
gotta run now so i can read the sequel !! *squeals excitedly* yay !!
anyway ... bravo on a fab story !! :eusa_clap:
Frankie xx

Wow, you sure know how to flatter a girl!! Thank you so much!!!!!

wow, I love this story sooo much!

I can't believe that I've never read this until now though, but I'm so glad I read it anyway - Its just amazing!

and its such a totally original Idea too, you are a really great writer!

to be honest - I am an all round Luke fan - He's just so darn cute! :D

anyway, I heard that there's a sequel so I'm going to go check it out! *runs over to the F&P forum to check out the sequel*
mia xx

Aww, that means a lot to me, Mia! Luke... ah yes, Luke. He's quite studdly, hehe. (Well, they both are, but that's just me! ;) You don't want to be forced to listen to my rantings and fangirlings).

YAY. Another story from Liz. With a Pinky Promise, no less.
Yeah, this was one of the first stories I started reading when I came to the FP. So, um, yeah.
Write another.
Now.

:P

Love,
Gracey :elmo:

Aw... wow, I didn't know that!! Hehe, I'll try, Gracy! I'll try! :)

Okay, so I kinda jumped on the story wagon a bit late in the game but that doesn't stop me from loving it any less! You've come so far with this story, Liz. You should be so proud of yourself! Wait, Fruits Basket is ending?! :o This is...terrible! It's like I'm losing two best friends in one day. :icon_mecry2: I will truly miss both excellent stories! I promise to be a more diligent reader on the new stories you have.

P.S. Ever read Beastly? It's a YA book with a modern spin on Beauty and the Beast...I remember you had a fantastic re-telling of that once. I have to say that yours rivaled it!

Nomi!! oh my god, how've you been?

Yeah, it... um *twitch* already has ended, I'm sorry!!! m_(_ _)_m

Thank you very much!!

Wow, I never even heard of it until you mentioned it. Hum... wow, RIVAL it? Mine was really that good? *incredulous*

*and not to mention extremely flattered*

Wow, that's so sweet!!! *glomps*

* NEW READER* I love your story. I know a song that's so impeccably appropriate:

It's over and I feel So alone
This is a Sadness I've never known
How did I let
The sweetest of my dreams
Slip Away
And I'm afraid the hurt is
here to stay (unless you make a sequel ;})

Aww, thank you! That's such beautiful and haunting lyrics there.

Hehe, lucky for you, I've got just the cure -- SEQUEL!! (well, the link has already been posted, so you know where to go! ;) ).

Did I mention that this story reminds me alot of She's the Man?
Kat

Now you did, lol.

Liz

#741 nomi

nomi

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

I've been pretty good, how about you? You seem busy with all your lovely new stories.

*glomps back*

Does it hurt when you get glomped? Because it seems like it does. :D

Wait, when did Furuba end? At #20? That's too short!

Yes, I still remember B&B! It was so beautiful.

Guess what? Stewart is a finalist in the Vertigo Awards for Best Supporting Character!! Congrats! :lol:

#742 Haunted Forever

Haunted Forever

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:44 PM

Whoa, hey Miranda!! Thanks for reading this! I'm flattered, thanks! >.< Well, I have already posted up the first chapters of my Sequel for those who are interested.
Yep: right here. :D

#743 Ari-san

Ari-san

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 8,496 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

Heya Liz!

I just wanted to say congratulations on being a finalist for Best Supporting Character with Stewart from this story's prequel!

Congratulations and good luck!

#744 Querida_de_Jesse

Querida_de_Jesse

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

Congrats! and I just wanna say...YAY STEWART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha. I wuv him. he's so adorable.

Kat xx

#745 Ari-san

Ari-san

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 8,496 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:08 PM

Heya Liz!

Congratulations on winning Best Supporting Character with Stewart in the 2008 Vertigo Awards! I hope you'll like the banners created by Kat and Julia (<- can be found on the winners' sticky) in recognition of your win!

Once again, congratulations!

#746 Very_Moody_Ryter

Very_Moody_Ryter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:11 PM

Congrats! and I just wanna say...YAY STEWART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha. I wuv him. he's so adorable.
Kat xx

Heya Liz!

Congratulations on winning Best Supporting Character with Stewart in the 2008 Vertigo Awards! I hope you'll like the banners created by Kat and Julia (<- can be found on the winners' sticky) in recognition of your win!

Once again, congratulations!

Oh my goodness!! O_O I had been M.I.A. this past two weeks, and I come here and see this good news and I'm stunned. I'm not quite sure how the react, I'm that shocked. I went back and re-read some of the scenes with Stewart in it, to see what it was that I'd done right (I guess is how I can put it), haha. And it just almost made me cry, reading about my character and knowing so many of you love him as much as I do!!!

You guys seriously rock, you know that? I love you all, and the banners... they're so beautiful!! I love them both! There are some seriously talented people out there, and I will cherish this always!! Thank you so much!! Thank you for those who voted. And thank you Kat and Julia! This is the awesomest of awesomeness!!!

And to the other winners, congratulations, you guys!!!

Love,
Liz

#747 Querida_de_Jesse

Querida_de_Jesse

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:18 PM

>.< um....Yeah, That Kat isn't me. Trust me. *sniff*

Kat xx

#748 kiwigirl16

kiwigirl16

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:14 AM

Hello! I came across this thread a couple times, but haven't had much time to check it out.. and I'm glad I did! I love this story so much - you're an awesome writer! Soooo yup, this story is totally phenomonal, aand, I guess that's it..

Michelle :m:

P.S. I love Rick and Luke! They were so adorable! Also Stewart as well! Teehee! ooh.. but what happens with Peter and Ellie? I guess they're together? :P :D

#749 ~Susannah & Jesse~

~Susannah & Jesse~

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:08 AM

ohmygawd!
your stories are AMAZINNGG!!!
seriously!!
anddd.. i lovee LUKE!!
so i was kinda angry that Alexandria ended with Rick.
buuuuuut, Luke would wait for her? Right????!
hopefully.
GREAT STORY. :D

u gonna make a sequel??

Ciao1

#750 princessesrox123

princessesrox123

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:54 PM

OH MY GOD! I have no words for your story, your riting is just-well amazing! It was so funny! It was pretty long but the whole thing was worth it. Seriously your a great author and totally like proofread this thing so u can get this story published.
I'm so totally serious.

I'm a fan of this story- Nikki :icon_sunny:

#751 wishIwasthem

wishIwasthem

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:41 AM

I LOOOORVED that I also seriouslly think you should try to get it published I would be the first to buy it!!!!!
sooooo good!!!! :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: LORVED it!!!!!!!!!
I think it was a bit sad that she got exspelled but I still thinks it all turned out okay because she made a lot of good friends and proved that girls can to any thing and all that and if she gets in to that all girls school every thing will practiclly be back to normal!!!!! I'm going to print that and stick it in a note book so I can read it any time Iwant loved it loved it loved It made my day well actually I read it all in about three days. Rick is so nice as well and so Is Ally Loved that going in my list of favourite book even though techinally its not a book here is my favourite book list

1-Dude looks like a lady you Liz!!!!
2-riding fredom can't remeber author
3-two weeks with the queen can't remeber author
4- queen of babble meg cabot
5- twilight and al the other book in that serious dtephenie Meyer

Tomorow mums printer is going to suffer from a lot of ink loss. :lol:

I just loved it I mean it its just SOOOO goood I mean realy good (repet a million times!!!!)
Thats how come you are lucky you don't know me because When I like a book I rave on and on for hours
:mgwave: Bye
Ally and Rick 4-ever!!!!!!
Its just soooo good I mean its just SOOOOOO good I lorve it Its soo good I mean really REALLY good like SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOgood Its just so so so so so so soso s sos sos GGGGGOOOOOODDDD
NEVER STOP WRITING

#752 wishIwasthem

wishIwasthem

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:17 PM

I'm printing the first 7 chapters right now :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!whitch is goood!!!!! Because I need some thing to chear me up becuse I think my phone has ran out of creidit!!!!!!!!
Bye It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LORVE it LOOOOOOOORRVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

And no I have not gone crazy but pressing the keys down and watching the letters come up one at a time seems to bring me endless joy!!!!!!!! :lol:

:mgwave:

#753 stolen_dreams095

stolen_dreams095

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:52 AM

EEP!! I LOVE YOUR STORY!
is there going to be a sequel or something? :D Cause I'd want to know what happens after! :D

YOUR STORY ROCKS!

-Mika

#754 stolen_dreams095

stolen_dreams095

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:00 AM

EEP!! I LOVE YOUR STORY!
is there going to be a sequel or something? :D Cause I'd want to know what happens after! :D

YOUR STORY ROCKS!

-Mika

Whoops! There is a sequel! Dang. I didn't see that one.

-Mika

#755 Ari-san

Ari-san

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 8,496 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:37 AM

For Liz's eyes only:

Spoiler

Ali

#756 Very_Moody_Ryter

Very_Moody_Ryter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

Wow, I haven't been on these message boards in AGES. Thank you SO much for the showering of love for my story! I feel the love! <333

I wouldn't have come back on here if it weren't for the fact that I was doing my NaNoWriMo story for this year > made me want to look back @ DLLAL story > realized that I LOST the file with the Luke Sequel > Had to come here to find it > came back to my old thread! ^____^

Also, @ Ari-san: wow... I totally missed THAT deadline. :icon_redface: But Congrats to the winners! ^____^

#757 ragulto101

ragulto101

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:40 PM

Posted Image

- All thanks to Kat for the banner above! -

Hello, dear fellow muffins, cinnamon rolls, and chocolate-chip cookies! It is I, you're friendly neighborhood Ryter! Here, I am bringing you back my story, "Dude Looks Like a Lady", which intrigue, comedy, more comedy, did I mention more comedy?, and the occasional, much-needed shout-out to Aerosmith! Not to worry, we'll get back to our regularly scheduled program after I repost all of the things I'd posted before!

So onward, my sweet-and-tarty friends!!!

But if you would like some tea, have some! ^_^ (I serve it here regularly).

"DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LADY"

Chapter 1

DON’T FORGET THE TAMPONS!

That was the first thing that rang in my head as I meekly shuffled my way down the halls of Wallace Florence High Men’s Academy.

I mean, I don’t know if you ever had a moment in your life when, I don’t know, you’re dressing up as a guy to, go to an all-boys academy for the next three years? (No? You haven’t? Oh.) But if you have, then you understand what I mean when I say you start appreciating the little things in life - like being able to get a hold feminine hygiene products whenever you want to.

I tugged at my hair once more to make sure the length was properly short. Even though I knew it was short - after all, I nearly cried as Samana neatly trimmed my long, gorgeous brown locks from a glorious near-my-butt length to a tidy three-inches-off-my-scalp.

I learned the hard way that there is only so much to be said for sacrifices.

It still made me self-conscious, however, in my new navy-blazer and kaki slacks outfit that someone, somehow, was going to spot me, and point accusatorily, “WOMAN!” blowing my cover faster than you can say estrogen.

Whatever, that was the old Alexandria, this was the new… er… Alex.

A distinctly male Alex.

Or so I was hoping they’d buy.

When my parents asked me what high school I wanted to transfer to (private, of course; preferably out of state) after the whole fire extinguisher on the teacher in chem lab faux pas (my parents couldn’t show their face in New York society for a month on end), I had a chance to look through high school brochures for the first time.

I flipped through the scarlet and the blue and the red and gold brochures, all looking the same.
It was Wallace Academy’s that caught my eye though. I started to read more about it and discovered that Wallace had a business program unlike any other! It would be the perfect thing to put on my college resume – or better still, my job application – if I could just graduate from there. The had so many great activities and classes like marketing, statistics, advanced econ, all geared toward making you a competitive worker in the job market… it sounded SO wonderful, except for one teeny, tiny problem: you know, the “All Boys” minor detail.

Something my parents will, hopefully, remain oblivious about for the next three years. That shouldn’t be too hard, though.

Well, if I couldn’t get it based on my gender, easy: I could just change it (okay, not CHANGE, change it), and viola! Problem solved. Alexandria Lambkins became Alex Lambkins, check mark gender [Male] and the rest is history!

I’m sure they look at your G.P.A. not you GENDER, when looking through your previous school files. And luckily my name has enough letters to get cut-off on all school documents (Lambkins, Alexand). I must have done SOMETHING right to please the gods, because I didn’t get caught.

And as for mumsy and daddy… by the time their divorce settles (not divorcing each other, of course – that was back in 199-, this is to their new, going-to-be ex-husband and wife), I doubt they’ll realize their daughter did NOT go to Eleanor Roosevelt Woman’s Academy boarding school and instead took a slightly different route, going to the all-boys academy two miles away from it.

I mean, as long as I’m out of the picture, really, does it matter really where I went? In the end, Mom’s still going to refill her afternoon margaritas, while Dad goes golfing with his clientele. Perhaps, someday, years from now, when I’m running my own corporation, I will tell them this little tale of deception, intrigue and adventure… for now…

WHERE THE HELL IS THE LADIES’ ROOM?

I gotta pee sooo badly, but everywhere I turn, it’s just one bathroom, and one where all the boys are going into.

Augh!!!

Seriously, I got to ask a lady or something, because honestly, my bladder is going to burst and –

Oh.

I decided to go for a new color scheme this time - good, no? ^^

Sweet! As Alexandra..oh wait..I mean, ALEX. Deception, Drama, Adventure(as a guy), and BOYS.
Gosh, it sounds like her family has issues. You know, one of those rich families living in a pent house, don't see each other because Mom and Dad is at this and that. Alex sounds like a great protagonist, though. I love how she's risking all this in order to reach her goals. It's inspiring :)
I wish to read more.

Your new reader,
Lynn♥

#758 Princess D rulz

Princess D rulz

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

oh my god! It's still here. I remember reading this a few years ago. I reread the ending. I still enjoyed it just as much. (:

Summer :mgturtle:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users