• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dr.Knutz

Dr.Knutz

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:54 AM

Hi, Ms. Cabot! I have been an avid reader of all the Princess Mia books since I was a teenager, and I am now 21 years old and still re-read my old Princess Diaries books from time to time. I am originally from Guatemala City, Guatemala, and I am studying my Junior year in Missouri right now. I was wondering, are any of the Princess Diaries books (or any of your books) available in Spanish? Have you ever considered translating them to be available to a broader audience in Latin America? I know that as a teenager, (and as a twenty-year old), I could always relate to these books even as a Non-American girl, and I am sure this is true for many girls that cannot read English but enjoy great fiction.
Because I am a huge fan of your work, and I also enjoy writing and translating lots of material, I visited your website to see if you have ever considered offering internships to younger people, or how I could approach asking to work for you as an intern, in any way. Even if you are not interested in having your work translated (I understand that a lot of cultural references and slang can be difficult to translate and still maintain the tone of the book), I wanted to let you know I am interested in anything you could guide me towards.
And besides this, I also wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your books and the funny yet truthful perspectives that your characters have. I also love how you mold your male lead characters, in particular; "Michael Moscovitz" and "Jacob" types are awesome (I fell in love with Jacob in Victoria and the Rogue, because he is so sassy).
I hope to hear from you! Thank you Ms. Cabot, Monica Rivera (aka Dr. Knutz, awesome name for a therapist.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users