• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 MissyBrunette

MissyBrunette

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:27 PM

A topic to talk about the awesome series!

#2 rosie_scott

rosie_scott

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:59 PM

i've just finished the last book of the series and i'd loved it! soooooo happy for heather!!! i really want another book!!!
well done meg!
Rosie

#3 TheRomanceBookie

TheRomanceBookie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

I LOVE this series!! I originally got the first book mainly because of the title (I loved it!!) and of course because it was a Meg Cabot book. And I instantly fell in love! I really hope a fourth book is released soon, I know it has been in the talks for the last couple of years, so hopefully soon the wait will be over :icon_sunny: .

#4 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

I LOVE this series!! I originally got the first book mainly because of the title (I loved it!!) and of course because it was a Meg Cabot book. And I instantly fell in love! I really hope a fourth book is released soon, I know it has been in the talks for the last couple of years, so hopefully soon the wait will be over :icon_sunny: .

The fourth book is supposed to be released sometime in 2012.

#5 TheRomanceBookie

TheRomanceBookie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

The fourth book is supposed to be released sometime in 2012.

Yay!!!!

#6 bookperson

bookperson

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

I think its her best series. I really enjoy it a lot. The characters are cool, the story lines are amazing, and the morals are sweet.

#7 kimberlyann

kimberlyann

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

I too bought it because of the title. At the time I was a size 12. Now a days, thanks to my friends Ben and Jerry, I'm more "big boned", just the same I found Heather's "size" relatable. Her reasoning about food and exercise- ahh! Sometimes I would find myself cracking up because it was so true to life.

I was really excited to see the vote for the cover bit on Facebook. I didn't realize a new book in the series was being released! Bummed it won't be released until 2012, but excited!! Lets hope for a chapter preview on the website hmmm???

What do ya'll think? Do you think Heather has shed some pounds? Size 12 and ready to rock!???

Perhaps I should rejoin Weight Watchers, and spruce myself back up in time for the new book. Make it a goal or something. Then again, mint M&M's are out for the holidays already....

#8 angelmuziq

angelmuziq

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

I cant wait for the next book in 2012. I always love a good mystery especially with romance and a witty heroine. It cant get any better than Heather Wells!

#9 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

I'm especially excited because Heather and Cooper are now engaged! No more beating around the bush about their feelings, which is nice (although the tension was fun, too :P).

#10 TheRomanceBookie

TheRomanceBookie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

I think Heather is such an inspirational character! I love to finally be able to read about a character that I can relate to, with body type. That's the first thing people notice usually, not who you are as a person, and I love how Heather, makes herself be heard! It's amazing and extremely inspirational!

#11 lmnt

lmnt

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

Did anyone read the exerpt for size 12 and ready to rock in the end of the new paperback version of overbite?

#12 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

Did anyone read the exerpt for size 12 and ready to rock in the end of the new paperback version of overbite?

Not yet, but I ordered the book recently, and it should arrive this weekend. I can't wait to read the excerpt!!! :)

Have you read it?

#13 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

I did and it's awesome. Made me want the new book to come out even faster.

M :)

#14 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

I didn't know there was an excerpt until someone told me on my blog when I did a Waiting on Wednesday post for the book. It took me forever just to find a summary! Here it is for those who want to see it (not sure if one's included with the excerpt):

"It’s summer break at New York College, but that doesn’t mean assistant residence hall director Heather Wells can kick back and relax. The students may have gone home, but Fischer Hall is as busy as ever.

Only instead of college freshmen, Heather’s got a dorm full of squealing thirteen- and fourteen-year-old girls—the first ever “Tania Trace Teen Rock Camp,” hosted by pop sensation (newly married to heartthrob Jordan Cartwright, Heather’s ex) Tania Trace.

But when the producer of the reality television show that’s filming Tania’s every move at the camp ends up dead, and it becomes clear Tania was the intended victim, Grant Cartwright, head of Cartwright Records, turns to his son, family black sheep and private investigator Cooper Cartwright, for help, desperate to keep his new daughter-in-law—and company’s highest earning star—alive.

Heather knows perfectly well she’s supposed to leave the detecting to Cooper, her ex’s big brother and her own brand new fiancé. But with hysterical mini divas-in-training freaking out all around her—not to mention their mothers —how can she help but get involved? Especially when Tania Trace herself begins to confide in Heather, revealing a secret that may be a little more "real" than Cartwright Records ever bargained for.

And if an added bonus to solving the crime herself happens to be that Heather can convince Cooper to bury the hatchet with his family and agree to a large wedding, and not the elopement he's been insisting on, so all of Heather's friends can come, then maybe putting her own life on the line to save Tania’s just might turn out to be worth it...."

I'm so excited for it!!!!

#15 lmnt

lmnt

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

ahhh thanks sooo much!

#16 lmnt

lmnt

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

just got my hands on the exerpt! Soooo good!

#17 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

Have you seen the cute Heather Wells background on the home page of Meg's website? Heather is in a sparkly silver dress and black high heels. Can't wait for the new book to come out this summer!

http://www.megcabot.com/

#18 vicderrick@gmail.com

vicderrick@gmail.com

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

What is the order of the books in this series and do some of the books have other names ?????? I have read lots of the Meg Cabot books and only just heard of this series for some reason.. I read one book in this series and loved it but I dont know what the others in this series are called and in what order and the one I read ( It was called 'Size Doesn't Matter) doesnt appear when I type it into google.. PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_mecry2: :icon_study:

#19 starberry

starberry

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

What is the order of the books in this series and do some of the books have other names ?????? I have read lots of the Meg Cabot books and only just heard of this series for some reason.. I read one book in this series and loved it but I dont know what the others in this series are called and in what order and the one I read ( It was called 'Size Doesn't Matter) doesnt appear when I type it into google.. PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_mecry2: :icon_study:

Here's the order of books for the series:
Size 12 Isn't Fat
Size 14 Isn't Fat Either
Big Boned
Size 12 and Ready to Rock

and next year Size 12 is the new Black will be out.

#20 Jesselover!

Jesselover!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

I just cant wait to Get size 12 and ready to rock! but i also thought big boned was also ausome!!!Yay yay

#21 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:17 AM

In Australia and Great Britain, Big Boned is called Size Doesn't Matter.

#22 dssdf

dssdf

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

I LOVE this series!! I originally got the first book mainly because of the title (I loved it!!) and of course because it was a Meg Cabot book. And I instantly fell in love! I really hope a fourth book is released soon, I know it has been in the talks for the last couple of years, so hopefully soon the wait will be over .

#23 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

I really hope a fourth book is released soon, I know it has been in the talks for the last couple of years, so hopefully soon the wait will be over .

The fourth book in the series is called Size 12 and Ready to Rock, and it was released on July 10, 2012.

#24 moposh

moposh

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

I love the Heather Wells series. Just finished "Size 12 and Ready to Rock." I was a little disappointed. I don't think it's as good as the first three. It was still good, don't get me wrong.

I did like some of the insight we got into Tania.

The thing I like best about the books is the relationship between Heather and Cooper. I think it is really sweet and can't wait for more of it.

Glad to see there is a new book coming out because I love this series.

#25 Jesselover!

Jesselover!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

I LOVED THE series hope theres more:)
Meg Cabot is the best Authore ever!!! :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :eusa_clap:

Aubrey

#26 SomeNightsIStayUpReading

SomeNightsIStayUpReading

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

I just finished the second one. LOVE LOVE LOVE I started Meg Cabot books pretty young at like 11 with Princess Diaries and have really never stopped. Love this new series it may even be my favorite. I really want Heather and Cooper to get together!! How many book total are there?

#27 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

How many book total are there?

Four books have been released, and the fifth one will come out in September.

#28 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

The cover for the fifth book was revealed on the Heather Wells facebook page, and the title's been changed. Here's the link- https://www.facebook...elevant_count=1 I'm personally not a fan of the cover, though it's one Meg helped design. It just doesn't fit the rest of the series. What do you all think?

#29 Aryanne16

Aryanne16

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

The cover for the fifth book was revealed on the Heather Wells facebook page, and the title's been changed. Here's the link- https://www.facebook...elevant_count=1 I'm personally not a fan of the cover, though it's one Meg helped design. It just doesn't fit the rest of the series. What do you all think?

I agree with you. The cover would be great for another series, maybe Queen of Babble, but it doesn't really fit with my idea of Heather. Still, I expect Meg knows what she's doing. Depending on the content of the book, the cover might be the right one. I preferred the old title, though, even if the new one has more to do with the wedding theme. :icon_lol:

#30 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

Yeah, Meg told me they made the changes because of the wedding theme. Also, apparently the European covers have all had these cake-topper covers and sell really well, so they wanted to try it here. They were going to have a real couple on the cover, but all the photos they showed Meg were either too romance-cover-y or too vampire-y, and none of the guys looked like Cooper.

#31 liliteca

liliteca

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

I loved the cover! Have you seen then gun on Heather's leg? Awesome!

#32 bookgurrl18

bookgurrl18

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH IM SOOO HAPPY FOR HEATHER CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW EVERYTHING TURNS OUT!!!! :DDDD :icon_lol: :spinstar:

#33 SomeNightsIStayUpReading

SomeNightsIStayUpReading

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:27 PM

I agree with you. The cover would be great for another series, maybe Queen of Babble, but it doesn't really fit with my idea of Heather. Still, I expect Meg knows what she's doing. Depending on the content of the book, the cover might be the right one. I preferred the old title, though, even if the new one has more to do with the wedding theme. :icon_lol:

What's the old title?

#34 DianaSF

DianaSF

Meg Cabot Fan

• Moderators
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

What's the old title?

The old title was Size 12 is the New Black.

#35 Lodyangel

Lodyangel

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

I just got done reading the entire Heather Wells series including The Bride Wore Size 12.   My question is, When can we get more Heather???

#36 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

Lodyangel- This is the last Heather Wells book for now, and while I'd love to see it go on and on (re-reading the earlier books after I finished the 5th and loving them so much), it was left off in a great place. However, Meg has expressed interest in writing a 6th book in a video chat she did recently with Rachel Vail (it should be posted somewhere around here on the boards), but as of now, she is not contracted for any new books (Heather Wells or otherwise).

#37 Pigglesamb

Pigglesamb

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

i love love loooooooove heather! she is a fantastic character! i can't wait to read the last one!!!

#38 tiit0une62

tiit0une62

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:11 AM

Hi! :mgwave: 

Does anyone know if Meg Cabot will do a book 6 after "The Bride Wore Size 12"? In french, Book 5 is called "Happy End!"... Ok for "Happy" but I don't want this to be the End!!! NOOOOOOOO! :'( 

Sorry for the mistakes (as you understand I'm French and i'm not good at English)

Thank U  :icon_biggrin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users