Photo

Whats the best Meg Cabot book that you've ever read and why???

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Eshita_Garg

Eshita_Garg

Meg Cabot Reader

• Banned
  • 305 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:38 AM

I was wondering everyone's favorite book by Meg....so what is it???

Mine is the Airhead trilogy,although, I haven't read Runaway....sadly enough!

#2 galaxy12

galaxy12

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

Mine is definately the Mediator series. They were the best!!!!!!! :a_smil08:

#3 Livie

Livie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:42 PM

Airhead triology definately.
All of the books to this point have had some sort of twist that you wouldn't expect and has me begging for more.

#4 Soft Ripple

Soft Ripple

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:42 AM

I can't exactly say...I think The Mediator Series and the Princess Diaries are neck and neck. I love the Princess Diaries series because it's so real and when I read them they really resonated with me because Mia talks and whines about things that I find myself whining about everyday. Well, except for the princess part, although that would be nice. Plus I find it so wonderful and inspiring how at the start of the series she has so little faith in herself, thinking she was a colossal freak and always fixating on the size of her breasts (which always made me laugh because it seemed so ridiculous to me) and then by the end of the series you can see how she has matured and changed. This series always gives me the hope that maybe I can find a happy ever after like her, especially when I always feel like a freakish nobody myself.

On the other hand, there is The Mediator Series which is in close competition with the PD series mainly because I love the characters to bits (Jesse, sigh). I love Suze's dry humour and I have always adored where the books are set. Sunny California with a gorgeous scenery that Meg Cabot describes so wonderfully. Plus, I have an addiction to all things supernatural (which is why I can hardly wait for the release of Insatiable!) so of course I couldn't resist reading books about gorgeous ghosts.

#5 rpaul

rpaul

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:19 AM

Ohh... really hard question.
I'd have to say The Mediator series is my favorite, followed closely by the Airhead trilogy, and the Princess Diaries series.

#6 Cloudiedeer =)

Cloudiedeer =)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:00 PM

Mediator deff =) . . . . I Love the whole idea of Jesse and Suze . . . So different!!

#7 rpaul

rpaul

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

Mediator deff =) . . . . I Love the whole idea of Jesse and Suze . . . So different!!

I know! My favorite, as well.

#8 annaLE

annaLE

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:05 AM

I love all of them. but if I had to pick I'd say, Airhead series, the Mediator series, and the Princess Diaries series. It's really hard to choose. I just love Meg cabot's characters with their dry sense of humor. It makes me laugh :lol:

#9 gagaga88

gagaga88

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:29 PM

avalon high it is so i dunno awesome

#10 Dramagirl221

Dramagirl221

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:48 PM

A week ago I would've said the Airhead trigology, but now I'd have to say the mediator series.
It is SO AWESOME!!!!! And it's totally addicting. Plus, there's more books, so it's easier to get attached to the chatacters.

Airhead is a close second place though <333

#11 Will_Wagner_luvr

Will_Wagner_luvr

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:16 PM

AVALON HIGH ALL THE WAY!

#12 Cabot~Fan

Cabot~Fan

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,187 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:47 PM

As much as I love her teen books, I actually really loved Boy Meets Girl. The reason that would be my favorite is because it made me REALLY want to read more of her work. I had read Teen Idol and All-American Girl before Boy Meets Girl, but once I read BMG I knew that I wouldn't be able to get enough :)

However, this is such an impossible question because I've loved all of her books (that I've read) for different reasons :) Some are super funny, some have amazing characters, and some are just sweet and great :)

-Chelsie-

#13 Princess_Missy

Princess_Missy

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:02 PM

As Chelsie said, I love all her books for different reasons. Princess Diaries holds a special place in my heart as it was my first 'Meg' series, but I also really love Jesse and the Mediator series, so those are probably my two favourite.

Love Melissa :heartbeat:

#14 IluvWill22

IluvWill22

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:56 PM

It's a 5-way tie between:

Pants on Fire
Airhead
All American Girl
Avalon High
and How to be Popular...

Just saying' :3

#15 ilovemediator02

ilovemediator02

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:32 PM

I don't think I have a favorite, all are special in their own ways. I have only read three of her series and I feel like I got a new favorite every time, until I reread the others.

The Mediator series is special because it was my first Meg Cabot book and I will always remember the day I picked it up. I love Suze and how she's so determined and tough, and her humor ever when her world is falling apart. I actually loved Adam and how he seemed so.... gay even with his major crush on Suze. And then....Jesse oh my god don't even get me started.

The 1800WhereRYou series is also awesome I just love the badness of the series with older boyfriend on probation with a motorcycle. I like Jess's ability to stand up to and crack jokes with the people who she should be afraid of. She's just like Suze in a way... but totally different.

And then there's the short Airhead series. I found myself feeling scared and helpless when Em did, and then totally mad at Brandon and Christopher for awhile. The emotional rollercoaster it took me on was just as great as one with a 5/6 book series as this 3 book series.

So I couldn't choose a fave without changing my mind over and over again every five minutes.

#16 samemjinx

samemjinx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Validating
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:43 PM

Mine are the airhead triolgy. i loved them so much.
But i gotta give credit to jinx all american girl and avaln high, too

#17 samemjinx

samemjinx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Validating
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

I was wondering everyone's favorite book by Meg....so what is it???

Mine is the Airhead trilogy,although, I haven't read Runaway....sadly enough!

its so good you should read it

#18 SelenaxXxFan98

SelenaxXxFan98

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:54 AM

well the first ever meg cabot book i read was the "Allie Finkle" series when i was like 10/11 and i luved them!! My favorite so far is the PD series!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV THAT SERIES!!!!!!!!!! right now i am reading the 1-800-Where-R-You series and i luuuuuuuuv it to!!!!!!!!!! and soon i think i will read the "Mediator" series because everyone says its really good!!!! so i luv alot of her books!!!! :heartbeat: :a_smil08: :angel1: :user: :love7: B) :D :)

Edited by SelenaxXxFan98, 13 December 2011 - 12:55 AM.

#19 mitch rules!

mitch rules!

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

Oh gosh that is a tough one, I adore all the Meg's books I've read so far; the princess diaries series, Queen of Babble series, boy series, airhead series, Heather Wells series and I could just go on and on.

But for me it has to be Queen of babble in the big city, I absolutely loved this book, I went through so many emotions reading it, it had me laughing out loud so many times (got me some weird looks by other people on my way to work on the bus!), I loved the characters and the cliffhanger at the end!! oh my god I was literally dying "Meg nooooo you can't end the book like this" It had me absolutely riveted throughout, I remember staying up really late just to finish it off. For me it was an awesome book!

#20 sparky61

sparky61

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:30 PM

I would say She Went All the Way. I started with the PD books, I guess because of the movie, but the soon bored me. Fortunately I found her other books and love all of them, though being 60, i've not read the Allie Finkel books.

#21 I<3JesseandChristopher

I<3JesseandChristopher

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

Ooooh good question....My fave series is DEFINITELY The Mediator series. I mean, it's got Jesse! :heartbeat: But the Airhead trilogy is tied for second with 1-800-where-are-you. Boyfriend with motorcycle??? Totally on my must-have list. :D

#22 24moon100

24moon100

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

Wow. Thats a THOUGH one. I'd have to say Avalon high but the Mediator series is a close second!

#23 jessielynn2152

jessielynn2152

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:44 AM

I love the 1-800-Where-R-U series! Jessica Mastriani, the completely awesome main character, is super hilarious! Plus, I love motorcycles and the supernatural! I laugh every time I reread the books...actually I laugh and cry for every book she writes!

#24 fad1ng

fad1ng

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

Well, Mediator's series of course. It somehow... complete (I don't know how to explain it in a better way).

#25 Cloudfairy

Cloudfairy

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

VANISHED SERIES!!! I finished reading it yesterday but I'm still addicted to it. After this I would say Princess Diaries!!! ... K bye i'm going to re-read the Vanished series! :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: LOL heart spam! :heartbeat:

Edited by Cloudfairy, 31 December 2011 - 03:13 PM.

#26 Sarah=)

Sarah=)

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:39 AM

:o
me too!!!
i loooove the Airhead series!!!!
i havnt read Runaway either:/
but im going 2 soon=)

#27 penguin3wars82

penguin3wars82

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

Mediator deserves to be a movie i love the series i spend alot of movie on buying all he books

#28 AirheadPrincess

AirheadPrincess

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

I pretty much LOVE all the books of Meg Cabot's that I have read. If I had to pick though, I would either say the Princess Diaries Series or the Airhead Trilogy, even if I haven't read Runway yet. :P

#29 lexygirl1997

lexygirl1997

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

Mediator series is my all time favorite book ever then the air head series then abandoned

#30 KatieCakes

KatieCakes

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

It has to be The Mediator. They were the books that first got me into reading, I used to hate reading before I read The Mediator and now I'm always reading! :icon_geek:

#31 Jesmondo

Jesmondo

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

It's probably got to be Abandon because that's the most recent one i've read but a few years ago i read the Airhead trilogy. It was amazing and i was addicted!! So it's a mix between the two of those books/series :icon_study:

#32 sancia

sancia

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

I love them all but at the moment my favorite is Boy meets girl! It's just so funny and the main characters feel so real.

#33 bookperson

bookperson

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

I really liked Big Boned

#34 hslc10

hslc10

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

ummm.... the airhead books! Duh! they are just SSSSOOOO good!

#35 Delly99

Delly99

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

I can't choose! I decide I like one series best, then I reread another and decide I like that one best! At the moment I have just reread the princess diaries ten out of ten,so I'll say that. Although I do love the mediator, and I'll always have a soft spot for avalon high, because It's the first Meg Cabot book I had ever read. I love her books, because she always captures teenage life and problems then puts an unimaginable twist on them. It would be great to become characters In the books I'd love to be Mia, andbe best friends with Lilly and Tina, Long live P.O.G! :) :D :)

#36 JaszileeMahone

JaszileeMahone

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

Out of all of the Meg Cabot books I've read, The Mediator Series is my favorite!!!!! I can read it so many times and i wouldn't get tired of it!!! I couldn't put the book down!!!

#37 BonkersBookworm78

BonkersBookworm78

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Insatiable or Missing You(1-800)or Runaway (Airhead)or Queen of Babble gets hitched or PD 3 or 10. It is impossible just to pick one but I have re-read missing you and Insatiable many times. :spinstar: :heartbeat: :spinstar:

#38 Amberxv

Amberxv

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Mediator series... Queen of babble..... Insatiable...

#39 sierra rose

sierra rose

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

Mine is the MEDIATOR seires ..
It's sooo P-E-R-F-E-C-T..
It's got an awesome ending and suze is soo cool
And I start getting really hyper even when the word "mediator" is mentioned and I start talking like crazy....
Airhead is nice with modern and scientific touch but I'm more into supernatural stuff..
So, mediator <3
Mediator was , is and will be my favourite book ALWAYS..
Mediator <3 suze <3 Jesse<3<3

#40 ayl_nikki

ayl_nikki

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

Abandon Series

#41 Meg_Rulz

Meg_Rulz

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:10 AM

I don't have a favourite - Because all her books are AWESOME! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users