Photo

The Offical Mediator Movie Thread! (The Sequel)

• Please log in to reply
728 replies to this topic

Poll: The Offical Mediator Movie Thread! (The Sequel) (299 member(s) have cast votes)

The best genre a Mediator movie can fall into?

1. Teen flick (171 votes [38.69%])

Percentage of vote: 38.69%

2. Supernatural thriller (129 votes [29.19%])

Percentage of vote: 29.19%

3. Gothic romance (54 votes [12.22%])

Percentage of vote: 12.22%

4. Horror (8 votes [1.81%])

Percentage of vote: 1.81%

5. Comedy (30 votes [6.79%])

Percentage of vote: 6.79%

6. Indie drama (9 votes [2.04%])

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

7. Summer blockbuster (34 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

8. Musical (ahahah) (7 votes [1.58%])

Percentage of vote: 1.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 Ravena

Ravena

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:47 AM

Hey,I totally agree with LittleMissFist

"I really don't think Suze should look like a model, or absolutely stunning. In the books, it did say she wasn't too popular with the guys. Now, I do think Suze needs to be pretty, but drop-dead model gorgeous? I just don't think that would be right for Suze's character, which is a little edgier and more intense. For example, don't you think some scars would be fitting? I do remember her saying in one of the books that she had a lot of scars from kicking ghost butt lol."
Suze shouldn't be the femme fatale of the movie,either looks like a 20 years old actress!I can't remember anyone who could fit with Suze shape yet,but i still working on it!

Beijos

#47 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:46 PM

Robert patinson is from Harry potter, Kristen Stewart if from Land of Woman and Jumper, into the wild, zathura, catch that kid, ect.

Even so, I hardly consider them known. When I think of known stars around their age, I'm thinking Hayden Panettierre, America Ferrara, Blake Lively, Daniel Radcliffe... people who have played leads in TV shows or movies, not secondary characters in a popular movie like Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have.

#48 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:39 PM

Um, i don't think she should be drop dead gorgeus, but in the books, Bryce, the most popular guy in school liked her, tad, a hot rich guy liked her, paul, the new most popular guy at school liked her and Jesse liked her, so i think she should be at least somewhat beautiful.

#49 Jesse's Wife

Jesse's Wife

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:06 PM

Kristen Stewart was the main character in Speak, but that's not very well known. I don't think that the Twilight stars should have parts in the Mediator movie because they're both very different things and if they did star in the Mediator movie, then everyone would just compare their performances to Twilight.

#50 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:36 PM

Kristen Stewart was the main character in Speak, but that's not very well known. I don't think that the Twilight stars should have parts in the Mediator movie because they're both very different things and if they did star in the Mediator movie, then everyone would just compare their performances to Twilight.

I totaly agree with you. but, also, i just don't really like kristen stewart that much. i mean, im sure she's a good person, but not a good suze.

#51 crumbly.muffin

crumbly.muffin

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:15 PM

I don't really know who Kristen Stewart is, and I have not read Twilight, but I am really over the whole Twilight-thing. I mean, I'm sure it's a great book, but I don't want the Twilight movie to be associated with the Mediator movie, because then people would just compare the two, and odds are, lots of people would say Twilight is better because it's so popular. I don't want Mediator to pale in comparison to some other book that just seems kind of a like a fad right now. I'm sure it's going to be a great movie, but I agree with Jesse's Wife, the actors and actresses from Twilight should not be in the Mediator movie. I feel like Mediator and Twilight are two separate things, and should stay that way because I like the characters in Mediator too much to have them compared to those in Twilight.

#52 Sharky

Sharky

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:30 AM

I agree. I'd rather not have Mediator explode the way the Twilight movie has and annoying a lot of people in the process (especially those who doesn't like the series). We don't even know if the movie will be good. I'd rather have a Mediator movie that is awesome to watch even if not many people know about it.

#53 Jesse's Wife

Jesse's Wife

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:09 PM

^ Me too. I tend to like the more unknown movies compared to the big block busters which everyone goes to watch.

#54 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:29 AM

Yeah, if everyone goes to watch it, then chances are the movie will suck and no one else will want to read the books.
How do you feel about Lauren Storm For Kelly?

Posted Image

#55 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:46 PM

^^^The Princess Diaries movies were very successful and got people reading the books, myself included. So why is it such a problem for lots of people to want to see it?

#56 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:35 PM

^^^The Princess Diaries movies were very successful and got people reading the books, myself included. So why is it such a problem for lots of people to want to see it?

It isn't a problem, but if people don't then it makes it less a problem if the movie flops.

How about Taylor Momsen for Kelly?

#57 XimaXpirate

XimaXpirate

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:18 PM

ok soo...

my perfect Suze would be :
Daniel Panabaker

Posted Image

Then Jesse will definately be :
James Franco

Posted Image

And Paul:
hmm.

Chad Broesky

Posted Image

these are all the people i imagined while reading...
sooo...yeah. :)

#58 I_LV_MEDIATOR

I_LV_MEDIATOR

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:26 AM

ok soo...

Daniel Panabaker

Posted Image

James Franco

Posted Image

And Paul:
hmm.

Chad Broesky

Posted Image

I like the Chad Broesky for Paul, though wouldn't he look a little too old? I'm not sure about the other two.
I think Lizzy Caplan might make a good Suze. She's got that tough girl attitude but she can be a little girlish at times like Suze.
I have no clue who Jesse should be. He just seems to prefect, i dont know who would make a good Jesse.

#59 I_LV_MEDIATOR

I_LV_MEDIATOR

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:31 AM

according to me the best suze is Sophia Bush (from John Tucker Must Die and One Tree Hill):
Posted Image

the best Jesse would be Sean Farris (from Life As We Know It):
Posted Image

the best paul is Tom Sturridge (he was the guy who was actually supposed to be Edward Cullen in the Twilight movie):
Posted Image

I have no clue what I did to my last post buy it quoted the wrong thing. MY computer has been messing up big time lately.
I meant to quote this & put I think Tom Sturridge might make a good Paul, but he might look a little two old, & i dont know if I like the other two.

ok, sorry I had to fix that.

#60 XimaXpirate

XimaXpirate

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:40 AM

I like the Chad Broesky for Paul, though wouldn't he look a little too old? I'm not sure about the other two.
I think Lizzy Caplan might make a good Suze. She's got that tough girl attitude but she can be a little girlish at times like Suze.
I have no clue who Jesse should be. He just seems to prefect, i dont know who would make a good Jesse.

hmm, good point.
but also there always is the power of make-up.
he did play a teenager in read it and weep a couple years ago...
i was just putting the people i imagined while reading.
i'm just a 16 year old girl from texas, it really doesnt matter what i think. lol.

i just really can't wait to see who they cast, hopefully this will start production soon!

#61 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:13 PM

hmm, good point.
but also there always is the power of make-up.
he did play a teenager in read it and weep a couple years ago...
i was just putting the people i imagined while reading.
i'm just a 16 year old girl from texas, it really doesnt matter what i think. lol.

i just really can't wait to see who they cast, hopefully this will start production soon!

Hey, don't feel to bad, im just a soon to be fourteen year old girl from a town in Ontario no one's heard of. It definitally doesn't matter what i think either, ha ha. Although I don't really see Danielle Panabaker as Suze. I do see, and please don't laugh at this, i'm not a disney obsessed super fan, Selena Gomez. Her character on Wizards has the same sort of personality as Suze, and she looks pretty close to how i pictured her, especially the hair. But she would need contact lenses though.

Posted Image

#62 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:47 PM

Have you even noticed how it will go days at a time without any new posts being added? :) I don't know, i never post everyday either but it drives me nuts! xD

I present to you,

Kelly!

Andrea Bowen

Posted Image

#63 shelby666910

shelby666910

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:04 PM

Let's continue our hopes and dreams! :P

INFORMATION WE KNOW

September 2007:
The Mediator series has been optioned by Julia Pistor, the producer behind the Lemony Snicket and Spiderwick Chronicles movies.
November 2007
Writer's Guild Strike possibly threatening the development of the Mediator movie.
December 2007
Meg comments on progress of the movie
January 2008
Zac Efron is NOT casted as Jesse. Meg cleared this rumor -

So we haven't heard much news lately about the movie (I'm thinking a certain teen vampire movie has something to do with it) but it doesn't mean we can't keep wishing for it! Because we all know Suze can kick that Swan's ass anytime of the day :badgrin:

Loves, Lauren and Aina

#64 shelby666910

shelby666910

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:04 PM

Let's continue our hopes and dreams! :P

INFORMATION WE KNOW

September 2007:
The Mediator series has been optioned by Julia Pistor, the producer behind the Lemony Snicket and Spiderwick Chronicles movies.
November 2007
Writer's Guild Strike possibly threatening the development of the Mediator movie.
December 2007
Meg comments on progress of the movie
January 2008
Zac Efron is NOT casted as Jesse. Meg cleared this rumor -

So we haven't heard much news lately about the movie (I'm thinking a certain teen vampire movie has something to do with it) but it doesn't mean we can't keep wishing for it! Because we all know Suze can kick that Swan's ass anytime of the day :badgrin:

Loves, Lauren and Aina

#65 shelby666910

shelby666910

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

^ Me too. I tend to like the more unknown movies compared to the big block busters which everyone goes to watch.

I dont think they should make a movie because pretty much all movies based of of books suck and if they made a movie out of the Mediator series it would ruin it and would probably go into a state of dissapointment, sadness, angriness, and depression because my favorite series was ruined for me. Plus I like to read books and authors that most of my friends have never even heard of.

#66 shelby666910

shelby666910

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:14 PM

Yeah, if everyone goes to watch it, then chances are the movie will suck and no one else will want to read the books.
How do you feel about Lauren Storm For Kelly?

Posted Image

I'm TOTALLY against making a movie of the mediator series but if they had to i think lauren would be perfect.

#67 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:37 AM

^^^Um, no, not all books-to-movies suck, at least if you keep an open mind. If you go in thinking about only your own view of the book, then yeah, you'll hate the movie because the screenwriter and director are not you. Because I pretty much love all books-to-movies, like Princess Diaries, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Bridge to Terabithia, Chronicles of Narnia and some others. But that's because I like seeing the differences between the two (having changes, in my opinion, makes the movie more interesting) and seeing how the writer, actors, and director interpreted the story. Everyone has their own interpretation of the story, so it's never going to be similar to yours.

And your friends have never heard of Meg Cabot? Because if you like to read books and authors no one has heard of, Meg shouldn't be at the top of your list. Most people should know who Meg is by now.

Also, Meg is going to play a huge part in the making of the movie. She won't let them do anything horrible to the books (she read an AAG script that was so horrible that she had to say no to the making of the movie, so Meg knows what she's doing in regards to having her books bought). She and the woman who bought the rights have had lengthy discussions about the book and how to translate it into a movie, according to Meg's blog. So I don't think there's a need to worry, though you do seem like someone who's a purist and doesn't want them tampering at all with the story, which has got to be a sad life.

And besides, even the movie sucks (which it won't), you've still got all 6 books. The books don't change just because the movie changed them to fit the different medium. Stuff NEEDS to be changed from book to movie because while some things may have worked in the book, they won't work in the movie, and vice versa. They're two different mediums and both can only do so much. You need to realize that and accept it.

#68 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:01 PM

So I don't think there's a need to worry, though you do seem like someone who's a purist and doesn't want them tampering at all with the story, which has got to be a sad life.

Um, yeah. About that whole sad life thing. I think, actually, that it would be a sadder life to be so, um, how shall i put this gently. Tempermental. All they said was, making a movie might ruin the books for them. And you went all defensive on them/us. What if you don't like the people picked to be in the movie? Sooner or later you'll start picturing them when you read. or at least i will, which would suck.

#69 angela154540

angela154540

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:57 PM

Lmao look at you guys talking about genes. I have a *calming gene* I'm really good at being fair and just and calming people in arguements. My bad point *perfectionist gene*. I find it hard to give in a piece of work because i don't know how to start and end. and when i'm done with it i start all over again and change every damn thing. LOL! :P

I am suach a freak of nature.

Anyway, is there anyone on this earth who could walk in jesse's shoes. I spent like two hours yesterday looking for a spanish model look-alike for Jesse but to no avail :P Besides, what size are jesse's shoes anyway?

<3 Caz

Okay guys.
I've always imagined Jesse as Jonathan Bennett.
He was the guy that played Aaron in Mean Girls.
What you guys think?

#70 Quinn101

Quinn101

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:13 PM

Okay guys.
I've always imagined Jesse as Jonathan Bennett.
He was the guy that played Aaron in Mean Girls.
What you guys think?

Ohh! i remember him! i think hed be a perfect Paul!!! =D
And Willa Holland resembles the Suze i always pictured!
am still looking for a perfect Jesse =D

#71 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:59 PM

What if you don't like the people picked to be in the movie? Sooner or later you'll start picturing them when you read. or at least i will, which would suck.

That has not happened to me yet. I read the Princess Diaries books after seeing the movie and I picture a lot of the characters differently than how they were portrayed in the movie. Heck, now re-reading the books I don't even see Anne Hathaway as Mia (though she did a brilliant job playing her). The only person I even picture from the movie as I read the books is not even the same character- I picture the guy playing Jeremiah (the red-haired guy) as being Michael when I read the books because he looks more like how I pictured Michael. I have enough imagination to separate the book and the movie, and can visualize a different person from the actor playing that character when I read the book. Sometimes they crossover, but very rarely because I see them as two different characters rather than as the same entity. You see them differently in the book and in the movie because the movie and the book are not exactly the same- there are differences between them and so then I see them as completely separate entities.

But other than that, I generally am very laid-back when it comes to books-to-movies being made. I don't care about actors or anything- I'm just happy a favorite book of mine is being made into a movie and will be seen by people who will then hopefully read the books too and become interested in reading. Much like I did after having seen the Princess Diaries movie (though I was into reading before seeing it, I had never known about the YA section. Reading the PD books brought me to that section and I found a whole genre of books to gobble up!)

Also, they said they were "totally against making a movie" and that it "would ruin the books" for them not might ruin as well as that all books-to-movies suck. So I think I have a right to debate with them.

#72 OMGitsKG

OMGitsKG

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:06 PM

ok soo...

Daniel Panabaker

Posted Image

James Franco

Posted Image

And Paul:
hmm.

Chad Broesky

Posted Image

OH MY GOD. GENIUS. James Franco would be AMAZING! He's grogeous and would be an awesome Jesse! =D I abo^$#@$^^ely love him, especially in Fly Boys. :]

I cannot wait until this movie comes out!

Also, I agree with Beuatifuly Intended- the Princess Diaries movie got me to start reading the books, and while I picture people who look a little bit like the actors, there's enough description that gives me my own picture in my head.

#73 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

That has not happened to me yet. I read the Princess Diaries books after seeing the movie and I picture a lot of the characters differently than how they were portrayed in the movie. Heck, now re-reading the books I don't even see Anne Hathaway as Mia (though she did a brilliant job playing her). The only person I even picture from the movie as I read the books is not even the same character- I picture the guy playing Jeremiah (the red-haired guy) as being Michael when I read the books because he looks more like how I pictured Michael. I have enough imagination to separate the book and the movie, and can visualize a different person from the actor playing that character when I read the book. Sometimes they crossover, but very rarely because I see them as two different characters rather than as the same entity. You see them differently in the book and in the movie because the movie and the book are not exactly the same- there are differences between them and so then I see them as completely separate entities.

But other than that, I generally am very laid-back when it comes to books-to-movies being made. I don't care about actors or anything- I'm just happy a favorite book of mine is being made into a movie and will be seen by people who will then hopefully read the books too and become interested in reading. Much like I did after having seen the Princess Diaries movie (though I was into reading before seeing it, I had never known about the YA section. Reading the PD books brought me to that section and I found a whole genre of books to gobble up!)

Also, they said they were "totally against making a movie" and that it "would ruin the books" for them not might ruin as well as that all books-to-movies suck. So I think I have a right to debate with them.

well, of coarce you have the right to debate them! But that means i have the right to debate you to, does it not? And sorry, but i have a very strong debating instinct, and they always kick in. I don't mean to offend anyone.

#74 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:51 PM

well, of coarce you have the right to debate them! But that means i have the right to debate you to, does it not? And sorry, but i have a very strong debating instinct, and they always kick in. I don't mean to offend anyone.

sorry i spelt course wrong

#75 Etak

Etak

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:09 PM

they really should have open casting. It would be a great oppurtinity for people (and not just me, lol) to go for it.

I totally agree! Maybe I'm a little biased because I would LOVE to play Suze, but I think that casting an unknown could really work. :)
I just really wanna see this movie happen! Reading the books, I always thought it should be a movie...

xo, Kate

#76 pirateskittles

pirateskittles

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:10 AM

Oooh, you people just gave me an idea! XD

For the first movie, there could only be flashbacks to the incident with Heather and the Beaumont thing, but what she's really dealing with right now is the RLS angels thing. There could be enough flashbacks just so that we could inform the viewers of what Suze is.

And I can imagine that in the very end, we'll see Paul. Like those, after credits type of thing. "Suze, I know what you are!" _INSERT MANIACAL LAUGHTER HERE_ or something. XD There's no need to dilly-dally around for the second movie. Like maybe just a brief introduction on how Suze knew Paul and then it would go on from there. And so it would mainly focus on that Paul/Jesse thing.

Since the thing with Suze feeling all hot and bothered when Paul does things to her... is like only internal dialogue. It would probably be better if they portrayed Paul as the good guy first and then BAM! bad guy! XD

Bwuahaha! IT'S BRILLIANT, I TELL YOU! XD

Anyways, I'm so adamant that my Suze is Jessica Stroup (Erin Silver) from 90210: (she just needs to change her eye color a bit, but nothing that contact lenses wouldn't do. =])

Posted Image Posted Image

Hah, and my Jesse, which you might disagree with because we all have our Jesse's... x_x is Adam Gregory from, yeah, 90210:

Haha, there. =D

#77 sweetsapphire83

sweetsapphire83

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:45 PM

^^^Um, no, not all books-to-movies suck, at least if you keep an open mind. If you go in thinking about only your own view of the book, then yeah, you'll hate the movie because the screenwriter and director are not you. Because I pretty much love all books-to-movies, like Princess Diaries, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Bridge to Terabithia, Chronicles of Narnia and some others. But that's because I like seeing the differences between the two (having changes, in my opinion, makes the movie more interesting) and seeing how the writer, actors, and director interpreted the story. Everyone has their own interpretation of the story, so it's never going to be similar to yours.

And your friends have never heard of Meg Cabot? Because if you like to read books and authors no one has heard of, Meg shouldn't be at the top of your list. Most people should know who Meg is by now.

Also, Meg is going to play a huge part in the making of the movie. She won't let them do anything horrible to the books (she read an AAG script that was so horrible that she had to say no to the making of the movie, so Meg knows what she's doing in regards to having her books bought). She and the woman who bought the rights have had lengthy discussions about the book and how to translate it into a movie, according to Meg's blog. So I don't think there's a need to worry, though you do seem like someone who's a purist and doesn't want them tampering at all with the story, which has got to be a sad life.

And besides, even the movie sucks (which it won't), you've still got all 6 books. The books don't change just because the movie changed them to fit the different medium. Stuff NEEDS to be changed from book to movie because while some things may have worked in the book, they won't work in the movie, and vice versa. They're two different mediums and both can only do so much. You need to realize that and accept it.

I totally 100% agree!

#78 CadenceL

CadenceL

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:34 PM

Um, one thing about all of the people everyone picked for Jesse: Isn't he mexican/latino/spanish? So shouldn't a person of that heritage play him? It doesn't really make sense if he's white, and he's speaking Spanish.

Sorry to bring that up. I wasn't trying to say any of you picked the wrong people.

-Leann

#79 Jesse's Wife

Jesse's Wife

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:21 PM

Anyways, I'm so adamant that my Suze is Jessica Stroup (Erin Silver) from 90210: (she just needs to change her eye color a bit, but nothing that contact lenses wouldn't do. =])

Hah, and my Jesse, which you might disagree with because we all have our Jesse's... x_x is Adam Gregory from, yeah, 90210:

Haha, there. =D

You know, I like these two. And he isn't spanish/latino, but he is so hot.

#80 pirateskittles

pirateskittles

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:54 PM

Um, one thing about all of the people everyone picked for Jesse: Isn't he mexican/latino/spanish? So shouldn't a person of that heritage play him? It doesn't really make sense if he's white, and he's speaking Spanish.

Sorry to bring that up. I wasn't trying to say any of you picked the wrong people.

-Leann

Yeah, I was aware of that.

But like I said, Adam Gregory is my Jesse.
He is what I envisioned Jesse De Silva would look like in the books. I really don't need to be correct or whatever. XD It's my mind! x_x

#81 LittleMissFist

LittleMissFist

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:12 PM

Hey again

I'm almost done with my own cast list, which I'll put up soon.

But I've been thinking lately about the ages of all the characters, and something just occurred to me. In the book, Jesse is 20 and Suze is just 16. Wouldn't that relationship be considered kind of illegal because of Jesse's age? Even though I know we all love big, mature, macho men, especially as our Jesse, wouldn't it be better, at least for the movie, to have a younger Jesse? Closer to Suze's age?

And really, shouldn't the actors be in their teens? Especially if it's a movie geared towards mostly teens? There are probably lots of talented actors, even unknown ones, in their teens that could pull of each character just as well as actors in their 20s. I also think teenage actors would make the story more believable. I'm just throwing these thoughts out here, not to create an argument or to diss anyone else's opinions. It's just something that has been on my mind.

Thoughts?

-LittleMissFist

#82 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:29 PM

Hey again

I'm almost done with my own cast list, which I'll put up soon.

But I've been thinking lately about the ages of all the characters, and something just occurred to me. In the book, Jesse is 20 and Suze is just 16. Wouldn't that relationship be considered kind of illegal because of Jesse's age? Even though I know we all love big, mature, macho men, especially as our Jesse, wouldn't it be better, at least for the movie, to have a younger Jesse? Closer to Suze's age?

And really, shouldn't the actors be in their teens? Especially if it's a movie geared towards mostly teens? There are probably lots of talented actors, even unknown ones, in their teens that could pull of each character just as well as actors in their 20s. I also think teenage actors would make the story more believable. I'm just throwing these thoughts out here, not to create an argument or to diss anyone else's opinions. It's just something that has been on my mind.

Thoughts?

-LittleMissFist

Well, i understand where your coming from, but im almost positive it isn't illegal for a twenty year old and a sixteen year old to be together. It's only four years apart. And the fact that Jesse is 20 is kind of important to the story line. Jesse was on his way to get married when he was killed, and although people did get married younger back then, i still think that would make it more believable if he was that age, and also, i've known couples who have been farther appart in age than that, for example 16 and 22, 17 and 27. I'm not mentioning any names though. That's just my opinion though, so don't get upset.

#83 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:30 PM

^^^Well, it's not illegal for them to be together, but for sexual relations, it is illegal to have sex with a minor. So that may be what she was talking about. *shrugs*

#84 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:38 PM

^^^Well, it's not illegal for them to be together, but for sexual relations, it is illegal to have sex with a minor. So that may be what she was talking about. *shrugs*

Yeah, but they don't do anything like that in the books.

#85 erikanr

erikanr

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:49 AM

hmm...
I think Suze should be Jessica Stroup or Megan Fox...

Jesse should be,
Alex Rider(from Wildchild) or Chace Crawford(from Gossip Girl.)
Or MayB, Joe Jonas...

Paul, is definately,
Ed Westwick!!!
I;m Chuck Bass...
Love Him!

#86 Kayla123

Kayla123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

[quote name='erikanr' date='Dec 9 2008, 09:49 AM' post='2199454']
hmm...
I think Suze should be Jessica Stroup or Megan Fox...

Thats what I said!!! The Megan Fox part anyways! :) People told me she was too old, but I think she could work!:)

#87 taytin

taytin

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:57 AM

Hello all,

Alex Rider from wild child, is he Blonde??? I think I saw a picture of him and he was DEFINATELY not latino.
Sorry cupcake, try again. Make sure you remember that Jesse is spanish, not italian, german or white, as some of you seem to think. My favorite pick so far for Jesse is either Adam Gregory, who looks a bit spanish if you ask me, and that one other guy, Can't rember his name but he's really hot and he's sitting on a chair. :P

Keep responding, chickies!

Taylor

#88 Jesse's Wife

Jesse's Wife

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:04 PM

^ Yeah, he's blonde and British. I don't really imagine him as Jesse either. Maybe a RLS Angel or something.

#89 taytin

taytin

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:39 PM

^^ Yeah! Great Idea!

#90 CrazyGlitterGirl15

CrazyGlitterGirl15

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:15 PM

I think Ryan Sypek would make a good Jesse. He definitely has a little bit of latino in him, is a talented actor, and overall rather gorgeous.

http://a.media.abcfa...or_davis_02.jpg

Plus he has a very nice chest which is a necessity in Jesse considering his ab showing shirt, note picture.

http://img.photobuck...fire412--04.jpg

Or maybe Michael Copon. I don't know about his acting but he certainly has the look.

http://media.moviewe...liebartlett.jpg

Anton Yelchin is my Adam, he was an amazing in Charlie Bartlett and that awkward cute thing going on. He's adorable.

http://media.moviewe...liebartlett.jpg

I've been thinking a blond Paul might be best for the movie. It would create a greater contrast between Jesse (who may not be cast full hispanic) and him. Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users