• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#91 x--JinxedAngel

x--JinxedAngel

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

This is becoming something like a debate thread. I just think that if you "hate" or dislike something or someone, you should keep it to yourself if it's rude and in a public place. There's always going to be someone to bite your head off. -_-

I think all of Meg's stuff are original and I agree with Kati.

-Amy

#92 XxjonasbroashleymileyfanXx

XxjonasbroashleymileyfanXx

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:05 PM

Ohhhhkayyy!!! Meg's things are deffo not original but...whatever! I am outa here!
XPenny PringleX

#93 Musafreen

Musafreen

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:14 PM

Uh.. I'm new here. Hi.

I think someone mentioned it before; but I figure an idea has to be judged on how it's executed. I think flair matters a lot more than a single spark.

And she's got flair. Lots of it.

#94 didisfer

didisfer

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:44 AM

just because Meg's books are the AWESOMEST books ever, doesn't mean she copied someone.
Oh and for the Meg haters, and this ''XxjonasbroashleymileyfanXx'' person, meg only puts those "racist" comments (as you put it, dear XxjonasbroashleymileyfanXx) it's because thats part of what makes her books funny, and it's how the character thinks. and I really dont think they're racist, you know. they're just comments!!

#95 bookworm_101

bookworm_101

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:57 PM

well i say BOO YOU 2 anyone who doesnt like megcabot's books. All her works are original and are AWESOME and whoever thinks that isnt true needs helppp.

#96 bookworm_101

bookworm_101

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:01 AM

Ohhhhkayyy!!! Meg's things are deffo not original but...whatever! I am outa here!
XPenny PringleX

well BOO YOU! I defintely thinkk u need 2 rethink your opinon because Meg's books are AWESOME!

#97 StrawberryPrincess

StrawberryPrincess

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:59 PM

You´re getting kinda offensive there, bookworm. Racist comments are not funny but, as I said before, the ones in Meg´s books aren´t really "racist", they aren´t that bad. Just because some people don´t like Meg´s books doesn´t mean they need help. Everyone has a different taste...

I haven´t been on here for quite some time and one of the reasons for this was that I noticed that I didn´t really read Meg Cabot´s books anymore, especially the newer ones. I still love Mediator and Avalon High though.
Her books are not perfect. In fact, there are a lot of flaws. But they are still good. I understand everyone who says they can´t stand these books because I actually see where they are coming from.

#98 rockgal

rockgal

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:45 PM

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but these forums were made for Meg's fans to discuss her books, not for wrongly accusing her of plagerism.

If you go on Meg's website and click any book, most of them say where she got her inspiration from. The plots are totally original mainly based on her own experience. If you don't like Meg's books don't read them but don't come on here (a site for her fans not haters!) and say that her books are not 'original' or are 'copied from other authors'

Personally I love Sophie Kinsella and Meg Cabot and I've read most of their books. Both of their ideas - whilst they may be similar in some areas- are definately original. Sometimes I think of a very good storyline and later come across a book that's very similar to it. Obviously that doesn't mean I copied it!

Maybe you don't like Meg's books or you think they're not perfect (I'm not judging like I said before everyone is entitled to their own opinion) but the reality is she has millions of fans all over the world, she's a bestseller and loads of her books are being turned into movies so she must be doing something right.

And I don't know maybe one day (a long long long time away) I will grow out of her books, just like I'm going to grow out of my dresses, jewellary, makeup and networking sites and almost everything else but by then the little children now would have grown up and they'll be the ones laughing over her books. Either way she'll always have an audience and some little insignificant line in her any one of her stories will always stay with you (well I know it will stay with me anyway).

Also, I don't remember coming across any racist comments in her stories. So could someone please tell me what comments you're refering to?

#99 TheRomanceBookie

TheRomanceBookie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:47 PM

Meg Haters deserve Haters!!!!!

#100 jowritestheblog

jowritestheblog

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

People that say that Queen of Babble copies Shopaholic need to get their facts straight. QOB came out 3 years earlier than Shopaholic. Plus, if you were going to compare Meg to Sophie, I'd say QOB had more similar themes to Can You Keep a Secret? But as far as copying goes, nuh uh. They belong to the same genre, and while they have similarities, that's just a coincidental part of sharing a genre.

#101 jowritestheblog

jowritestheblog

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

Ugh, why can't I edit my post. I was mistaken, Shopaholic was 3 years before QOB. But I still stand by my assessment.

#102 Meg_Rulz

Meg_Rulz

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:21 AM

^^^What blogs?

Also, I honestly do not think Meg copies at all. If they're basing that on the Queen of Babble series and how it's like Shopaholic, it's only similar in the titles, not the story itself. And also, it's based on something Meg went through herself, so it's hard to copy someone else when it's based on your own experience.

So in conclusion, I personally believe those haters are just being stupid. They're just hating on her because she's popular. Apparently, you can't be a good writer AND popular, according to those kinds of people.

Totally!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users