• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 briaphillips

briaphillips

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:12 PM

i know this has probably been talked about but i want to about it. I have been reading blogs and people are accusing her of copying of others and being unorginal. This is crazy. right?

#2 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:28 PM

^^^What blogs?

Also, I honestly do not think Meg copies at all. If they're basing that on the Queen of Babble series and how it's like Shopaholic, it's only similar in the titles, not the story itself. And also, it's based on something Meg went through herself, so it's hard to copy someone else when it's based on your own experience.

So in conclusion, I personally believe those haters are just being stupid. They're just hating on her because she's popular. Apparently, you can't be a good writer AND popular, according to those kinds of people.

#3 shadowland750

shadowland750

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,717 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:48 PM

I so agree.

They are just jealous!

#4 violagirl

violagirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:48 PM

^^^What blogs?

Also, I honestly do not think Meg copies at all. If they're basing that on the Queen of Babble series and how it's like Shopaholic, it's only similar in the titles, not the story itself. And also, it's based on something Meg went through herself, so it's hard to copy someone else when it's based on your own experience.

So in conclusion, I personally believe those haters are just being stupid. They're just hating on her because she's popular. Apparently, you can't be a good writer AND popular, according to those kinds of people.

I totally agree with you Boothy! Meg has her own ideas on how to write her books and writes based on her own experiences. Those haters probably think that she does just because she's got a lot of fans and have nothing better to do with their own pathetic lives by making up rumors about her.

#5 Azalea

Azalea

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:00 PM

^^I also agree with ya, Boothy.

Got a bit of a surprise when I read this thread, phew.

But seriously, like Boothy has said, it's stupid. Those people just can't have what she has and don't know the meaning of a true Author when they see one. Hating on Meg for nothing, it's not like she's the only author in the world. It doesn't matter if it's unoriginal or orginal, it's HER ideas like she has mentioned how she got them.

Hmm, wonder where those blogs are... That's pretty lame and low of them, they've got no sense of authenticity! ... Hmm, is that even the word to use in there? *shrugs*

But we all know Meg wouldn't copy from other ideas, she's a natural author like any other. She's filled with awesomeness and so are her books.

Azzy :m:

#6 alavonchick579

alavonchick579

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:31 AM

stupid people!!!

#7 Funky_monkey

Funky_monkey

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:11 AM

^ Lol. I agree, stupid people.

Zoyah :D

#8 collie lover

collie lover

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:29 PM

I highly doubt any of them have read one of her books, they probably heard shes a copier(which shes not) from a friend and then spread rumors

#9 heart_of_gold

heart_of_gold

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:37 PM

Aww, just because they can't have as brilliant ideas as Meg :lol:

#10 b~a~l~l~e~t~g~i~r~l

b~a~l~l~e~t~g~i~r~l

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 04:07 PM

I guess they are kinda jealous...
And they are just picking on the fact that meg does use carachters in her books that have been used elsewhere...
But they're meg's STORIES!
They have theire own plots and EVERYTHING!
OK, she uses time travel and other used things, but they're NOT THE SAME AS OTHER PEOPLES' STORIES!
If everything was completely original there would be barely any books on the shelves of the world.
Why pick just on meg?

Char :m:

P.S I don't personally think they're doing anything wrong, that they are just expressing their opinions.

We just don't happen to agree with their opinions.

#11 sarahchick

sarahchick

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:51 PM

Unfortunately you will get people haters out there who love to hate people. It is also unfortunate that these people have everyright to post on the internet even though they are talking a whole bunch of crap.

#12 pretty_in_purple67

pretty_in_purple67

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 03:17 PM

I think Meg's ideas are very original. Haters are just jealous.

#13 writeaholic

writeaholic

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 03:14 PM

Meg's books are FABULOUS!!!!! need we say more?

#14 starbunnytwinkle

starbunnytwinkle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 03:51 PM

Meg Cabot is an AWESOME author, end of story......

Shay

#15 Ami

Ami

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:05 PM

^ Ditto!

Luurve, Ami . . X

#16 ~booknerd~

~booknerd~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:42 PM

I believe Shakespeare said something once about there not being a completely original story in the world.

And I agree that there are just people out there who love to hate other people.

What I have to say to that is, "Get a life!"

Emily :icon_flower:

#17 starbunnytwinkle

starbunnytwinkle

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:46 PM

Nice!!!

#18 amandamandyy

amandamandyy

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:37 AM

Nice!!!

i agree with toothy, people are just jealous, because Meg is so popular.
They are just jealous because they can't write the way she can.
Besides, why would Meg copy other people's ideas?
She said very clearly that some of her books are based on her own experience.
And i wouldn't be really surprised that some people had gone through similiar things because that's normal.

#19 amandamandyy

amandamandyy

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:39 AM

i agree with toothy, people are just jealous, because Meg is so popular.
They are just jealous because they can't write the way she can.
Besides, why would Meg copy other people's ideas?
She said very clearly that some of her books are based on her own experience.
And i wouldn't be really surprised that some people had gone through similiar things because that's normal.

oops, i meant to quote what toothy said. new user here, excuse me!

#20 sammi_is_cute

sammi_is_cute

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:52 AM

I think that even if they don't like her books or whatever they should just keep it to themselves because that is their opinion. they shouldn't post it on meg cabot's site because -hello!- this is a fansite, and if we don't like a certain book you write something useful not completely jerky!!-is that even a word??

:D Begum:*:

PS GO Meg!!!

#21 punk_princess2

punk_princess2

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:27 AM

i have read shopaholic and queen of babble...and believe me there isnothin similar in them...
so all these people spreading stuff...should just get their facts straightened out...hmph....
Punk Princess

#22 Guest_bag_of_sweets_*

Guest_bag_of_sweets_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:36 AM

Who would hate Meg? Those people just don't have a life.

And I absolutely don't think she copies others' work. Meg is not stupid, you know.

#23 Em

Em

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:42 AM

Uhm, have these people even READ Meg's books?!?!

I have to agree with the general consensus - stupid.

That makes me mad :mad: she's a good author and deserves respect

#24 xox_DevilishAngel

xox_DevilishAngel

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:06 AM

Meg is the best author ever!
How could these people said that? I don't get it.

Jealousy makes people very mean and envious.

xoxo
Paula

#25 Guest_bag_of_sweets_*

Guest_bag_of_sweets_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:52 AM

Meg is the best author ever!

ditto! :)

#26 Divalectable217

Divalectable217

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:57 PM

Hmm....those wannabe player haters are just bad mouthing beacuse they're jealous of what she's got <_< ...they neeed a better hobbie. Hehe They just feel so sorry for themselves they aren't getting off their big butts and do something useful! :doubt: Man those people are annoying, and a drag. :doubt:

Just keeping it real... Diva :m:

Man this is such a drag. :user:

#27 hp_fan

hp_fan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:50 AM

MEG'S AN AWESOME WRITER!!!.....THOSE people R just JEALOUS!!!.....GRRR....I THINK MEG just ROCKS!!!

#28 waltzing matilda

waltzing matilda

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:06 PM

Although it makes me unhappy that there are people out there that are insulting Meg, I highly doubt it has anything to do with jealousy. I'm sure there are some people who act in unkind ways because of jealousy, but I really can't picture someone who is not fond of a YA author thinking "I WISH I WAS MEG CABOT."

#29 jade_in_blue

jade_in_blue

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:32 PM

i thought that blog was a fake. who would do something like that for no reason?
and how can you hate meg? or her characters? they'e too nice.

or maybe thats why.

#30 princess.fan_meg.fan

princess.fan_meg.fan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

There's really no reason for people to think of Meg as copying other people's ideas...as most of her novels are based on some truth...some of her characters on real life and such. This is one of the baseless excuses for people to place on Meg. They refuse to read her books and, therefore, make judgments. Anyway, the best thing to do is to make ignore these people!

#31 princess.fan_meg.fan

princess.fan_meg.fan

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:25 PM

There's really no reason for people to think of Meg as copying other people's ideas...as most of her novels are based on some truth...some of her characters on real life and such. This is one of the baseless excuses for people to place on Meg. They refuse to read her books and, therefore, make judgments. Anyway, the best thing to do is to make ignore these people!

sorry...I meant that it is one of the baseless accusations that people make regarding Meg.

#32 imaginary roses

imaginary roses

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:07 PM

I read an interview with someone once who responded to the question, "which author would you most like to have been?" with "Shakespeare because he wrote all the originals and the rest of us just copy".
I laughed.
Shakespeare's plots were often not original.
Who cares? Fact is, what people are interested in is other people. However you dress that up. Which means there are only so many themes available.
That's not the issue. The issue is how you present those themes.
Any self-respecting author, with any modicum of pride, will not copy someone else's work.
Meg is a self-respecting author, with great pride- and great cause for it- in her work.
Anyone who disagrees had better have a DAMN good lawyer. To accuse her of plaguarism is libel and/or slander, depending on the medium in which it's stated

#33 xXThermopolis_Rox_My_soxXx

xXThermopolis_Rox_My_soxXx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:45 AM

I believe that all of Meg Cabot's books are original work full of great talent.
Anybody who can't see that Meg is genuine needs their head examined (no offense intended there!)
So, in conclusion, I think that Meg has written each and everyone of her books using her own mind and her own skill, not the skill of other authors.

#34 xXThermopolis_Rox_My_soxXx

xXThermopolis_Rox_My_soxXx

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:49 AM

Wowzer, that's weird- we both ended our post with "in conclusion" and I swear that I didn't read yours first.
I always say "in conclusion" when I am settling something! :)

#35 AdventureSeeker

AdventureSeeker

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:25 AM

Ugh. Meg's books all have unique storylines. I've never read any similar storylines from other authors!
Her books are great and enjoyable reads.

Taz :)

#36 Ari-san

Ari-san

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 8,496 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:25 PM

i have read shopaholic and queen of babble...and believe me there isnothin similar in them...
so all these people spreading stuff...should just get their facts straightened out...hmph....
Punk Princess

I don't necessarily agree that there's nothing similar between the two series. Aside from the similiarities in titles (which, as many have pointed out, actually have nothing to do with Meg), the books follow a very similiar basis with the second book seeing both moving to the big city; the third - they are getting married, but encounter some problems along the way. Then again, you could say many chick-lit books have the same ideas in them as well. But, I think the point some have made (including myself) is that they've never seen it parallel book-by-book to another series. This does not mean that I believe any plagiarism occured, but I can't say that there's definitely, absolutely nothing similar between QoB and Shopaholic series.

#37 rainaleopard

rainaleopard

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:53 PM

Okay, here's the thing. If people are looking for complete originality, they are immediately bound to fail. Willa Cather, a famed author of the early twentieth century wrote, "There are only two or three human stories, and they go on repeating themselves as fiercely as if they had never happened before."

And you know what, I completely agree with her. When I first started writing, I used to worry about finding that one original plot that would make my story stand out. So of course I came up with absolutely nothing. Or if I did, my hopes were flamed when the next time I picked up a book similar to my idea in the library. But these aren't the things to be worrying about. Every book is going to be in some way similar to another. That doesn't mean the author, in this case Meg, was copying anyone's work. If people are that naive into the world of fiction, they would be better off not trying to analyze things they have absolutely no experience in. As we all know, they will just make a fool of themselves.

There are a lot of people who flame others for no reason at all. They have their reasons, but they are surly petty. The best thing we can do is ignore those blogs and haters. Because nothing good can ever come out of it. Period the end.

~Aim

#38 michaelmoscovitz'swife127

michaelmoscovitz'swife127

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:13 AM

I don't hate Meg, but WHY ARE YOU A MEMBER HERE IS YOU DON'T LIKE HER? :icon_mecry2:

#39 Mediator in Waiting

Mediator in Waiting

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:28 PM

Yep. There are people out there who don't like her. But I guess it's their own opinions. Maybe they just see things differently to the way we do, as in they think she copies other writers work. *Sigh* One day they'll realise that they were wrong about how she writes. I mean. it's not like I can watch a movie, then go work on my writing and not find one single small similarity to the movie I saw... that wouldn't happen, even I know that. To some it all up, not everything is perfectly different.

Kari the smiler ^_^

#40 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:42 PM

I don't hate Meg, but WHY ARE YOU A MEMBER HERE IS YOU DON'T LIKE HER?

Everyone (well, 99.9%) of people on here are fans. No one is dissing on her here- the original poster was just talking about stuff she had read, and wanted to see what other people thought about it- she's not hating on Meg.

#41 kiwigirl16

kiwigirl16

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:16 PM

oh my god!!! THIS IS HER WEBSITE!!! WHY WOULD PEOPLE GO AROUND ACCUSING HER OF THIS??!!!? THIS WEBSITE IS ABOUT MEG!!! AND THAT'S JUST CRAZY!!! HER WORK IS ORIGINAL!!!

#42 Beautifully Intended

Beautifully Intended

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:33 PM

^^^No one is doing it on here! It's on OTHER sites. Read more carefully.

#43 Jesse'sQuerida

Jesse'sQuerida

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

Gosh, when I saw the title of this thread, I nearly died of a heart attack!!
I was like, "Meg Haters??? On this site???"
but I'm glad I misinterpretted.

gosh, other writers are just jealous because Meg can come up with
creative ideas just naturally and not having to think much. . .or so I think.

later!

#44 tweettweetoops101

tweettweetoops101

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:04 PM

I so agree.

They are just jealous!

Tottally Meg Cabot is the best writer in the world I have read all of her books and none of them suck!!
Ps. U should all tottally read Pants On Fire if u already havent. I think that and Queen of Babble is her best books.

#45 anamika

anamika

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:50 AM

hey, i am sure that it'sm totally untrue, i think that meg rocks, and all the books she has written are her own creativity, how bad of people to actually spread that!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users