• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 NJDevilsGirl

NJDevilsGirl

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:04 PM

ok he is totally my favorite character in this book.
:love7:

Anyone else care to share your feeling him?

#2 Ft_Louie_Lvr

Ft_Louie_Lvr

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:42 AM

I've always loved Gavin, he's halarious. I was so happy to see that he got a bigger role in this book than in Size Twelve.

"You said you loved me."
"Gavin, I was under the influence."
"I know. But that sh*t doesn't come from no where. It comes from the heart."

I absolutely love that quote. I really hope Gavin has a big role in the next book too.

#3 english_rose

english_rose

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:48 AM

^lol - I love that quote as well.

I'm so glad that other people love Gavin - I was worried I was the only one. And he should definately get a bigger role in the next book.

Actually, do you think that Meg will kill him off in the next book? Or is he too much of a main character that it wouldn't fit in with Meg not wanting to write sad books? I really hope she doesn't kill him off.

Phoebe

#4 Avalon High Rocks

Avalon High Rocks

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:23 PM

^that'd suck if Gavin got killed off the next book :icon_mecry2: .
but he was definitely one of the funniest people in the book :hyper: . how can anyone not love him :heartbeat: ???

#5 Ft_Louie_Lvr

Ft_Louie_Lvr

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:10 PM

Actually, do you think that Meg will kill him off in the next book? Or is he too much of a main character that it wouldn't fit in with Meg not wanting to write sad books? I really hope she doesn't kill him off.

I think it would definately fit in the sad books category if she killed off Gavin...which, hopefully, means she won't. I would be quite upset with her if she did.

#6 amee821

amee821

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:59 PM

I loved Gavin. I really hope he doesn't become a victim in the next book. That would suck.

#7 Loofa

Loofa

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:53 AM

I haven't actually read Size 14 is not fat either but i totally LOVE Gavin. He's so funny. The books wouldn't be quite the same without him. :heartbeat: :hyper: :)

#8 Queridagirl614

Queridagirl614

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:39 PM

I love Gavin, he's so funny! And if he is killed off in the next book I'll be really upset!

#9 lmnt

lmnt

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Moderators
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:04 PM

"You said you loved me."
"Gavin, I was under the influence."
"I know. But that sh*t doesn't come from no where. It comes from the heart."

Yeah. I thought that was sooooo cute of him. I hope we'll be seeing more of him!

-Gina

#10 italian_pie

italian_pie

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:10 PM

Well, so far she hasn't killed off anyone we've actually come to know. Let's hope that stays the same in the third one. I don't know about y'all, but I kind of always pictured Gavin as the guy that plays Logan in Veronica Mars. They both have that devil may care attitude.

#11 Very_Moody_Ryter

Very_Moody_Ryter

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:50 PM

I was kind of worried "Gavin" would be a foil for "Kevin" (Federline - aka KFed), but luckily he wasn't.

Is it kind of sad I'm rooting for him a little more (not as much as Cooper, but still, a little bit anyways)? At least I hope he ends up happy by the end of the series. ^_^

#12 Ft_Louie_Lvr

Ft_Louie_Lvr

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:42 PM

^I know what you mean. I'm still rooting for Cooper and all, but I also really, really hope Gavin gets his date with Heather. THat would be funny beyond words.

#13 franztastic

franztastic

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:01 AM

^I know what you mean. I'm still rooting for Cooper and all, but I also really, really hope Gavin gets his date with Heather. THat would be funny beyond words.

I agree entirely - Gavin is extremely funny and cute. I wouldn't like for him to be killed off, infact I think it would be better if he ended up with someone else (after a date with heather of course) - someone special just for him.

Cooper and Heather :heartbeat:

#14 Sugar Rush

Sugar Rush

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:00 AM

i wouldn't even think of gavin getting killed off in the next book. His a very lovable character. Gavin had to be my favourite character in this book apart from heather cooper and reggie of course ^_^
i loved his wanna be gangster ways and his very charming ...personality . I think him and heather going on a date , would be hilarious .

#15 gossipgirl_123

gossipgirl_123

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:00 AM

hi. ummm....i luv gavin.<3

#16 Ft_Louie_Lvr

Ft_Louie_Lvr

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:27 PM

<_< In the live chat, Meg said that Gavin wouldn't be dating Heather because she'd get fired. I guess that means the series ends before he graduates? That's too bad. She did say he finds true love though. I don't know if that's good or bad...his crush on Heather is just so funny

#17 greengirl

greengirl

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:34 PM

I love Gavin. He's so funny.

#18 Sugar Rush

Sugar Rush

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:01 PM

Ahhh ok so he finds true love but he can still have a crush on her right?? lol
It just won't be the same without his hilarious antics over heather.
Do you think she'll see reggie again? i mean he might still have other drug dealers to bust lol

#19 ~*~*HeyHoTheCherryO~*~*

~*~*HeyHoTheCherryO~*~*

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:28 AM

Ahhh ok so he finds true love but he can still have a crush on her right?? lol
It just won't be the same without his hilarious antics over heather.
Do you think she'll see reggie again? i mean he might still have other drug dealers to bust lol

Yeah, he's just so funny when he's trying to make heather like him. He's definetly my favorite character in the book. lol.

#20 GorgeousMadakin

GorgeousMadakin

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:49 PM

GAVIN IS AWESOME

that's all I have to say.

#21 opal

opal

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:50 PM

Gavin is so sweeeettt

#22 PacoRocks

PacoRocks

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:26 PM

How can you not love Gavin? He's very endearing.

I thought the Cooper/Gavin interactions were funny as heck.

and the Jordan/Gavin interactions were hilarious too.

Who am I kidding? Everything with Gavin was funny.

lol.

Gavin actually sounds like this guy that was in Expository Writing class last semester. He was hilarious.

Dang, I just realized Heather has SO MANY guys in her life (romantically speaking), I wish I lived in one of Meg Cabot's novels!

#23 Loofa

Loofa

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:06 PM

^I love cooper/gavin interactions too.
"..infant charges..." I laffed my head off

#24 Chigger

Chigger

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 10:30 PM

gavin is just so cute. he totally loves heather. just hope he isnt the main-murderer dude in the third book, stalking heather or somthing. Did anyone read the preview for the next book?

#25 Angel Bright

Angel Bright

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:51 AM

He's funny in a cute way...
Too bad he's like too young for Heather... although i'm sure there's another chick for him. somewhere.

But I like Reggie and his bannana plantation that doesn't exist

#26 princess_fan765

princess_fan765

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:03 AM

Two things that put me off Gavin:
The one person I know with that name is an incredibly annoying guy who used to be in my year but he got held back so the name put me off.
Abd he reminded me of this other even more annoying guy in the year above me who used to act all 'gangster' all the time and try to talk to me but I really didn't want to talk to him.

#27 Evasive*Dreams

Evasive*Dreams

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:24 PM

Did anyone read the preview for the next book?

I did! It didn't mention anything about Gavin though.

I love Gavin. He's for sure my favourite character in the books. I really hope he has a role in the 3rd book!

#28 LadyMMac

LadyMMac

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 5,970 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:46 PM

I LOVE Gavin. Everything he says in pure comdic genius.

#29 marauders4eva

marauders4eva

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:04 AM

I like Gavin too xD I find him hilarious xD

#30 ~ComplicatedComplication~

~ComplicatedComplication~

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:51 PM

I love Gavin, primarily because, of course, he just rocks. But also because I know another guy called Gavin, and he rocks too, and this just makes them both rock more.

~azira~

#31 Sugar Rush

Sugar Rush

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:48 AM

Gavin is awesome, i hope he is still as entertaining in the 3rd book , there can't be a next book without gavin his hilarious annadotes make up the good plot lines :lol:

#32 Sugar Rush

Sugar Rush

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:54 AM

the funny ones actually , he makes the great funnies in the book him and jordan and his pathetic yet silly skiing.

#33 cant_get_enough

cant_get_enough

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:21 AM

I guess I would be going against everyone in this thread if I said I wasn't keen on Gavin. I don't love Gavin (more for you guys) but I find his character amusing. I have to agree with most comments in this thread, particularly;

I thought the Cooper/Gavin interactions were funny as heck.
and the Jordan/Gavin interactions were hilarious too.

Dang, I just realized Heather has SO MANY guys in her life (romantically speaking), I wish I lived in one of Meg Cabot's novels!

But I like Reggie and his bannana plantation that doesn't exist

^^Reggie was so cool in this book. i was so disappointed when he revealed that he doesn't actually own a banana plantation; I could see Heather visiting it!! teehee. :D
Rebecca

#34 Jesse's Wife

Jesse's Wife

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 4,157 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:36 AM

I really loved Gavin, he was really funny. And really persistant about wanting to date Heather.

Alex :mgbumblebee:

#35 lil_movie_star

lil_movie_star

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:10 PM

I totally agree. Gavin is awesome. I'll admit that i was a little annoyed with him in the first book, just because he came off as a trouble maker, but he shows a whole different side in the 2nd book, and let me just say: it's a TOTALLY awesome side.

These are my 2 fav quotes involving gavin (notice: the first one only involves gavin. it's said by heather)

"Okay," I say to Gavin, my heart beginning to pound. "Change of plans. On the count of three, we ditch Jordan, then run like hell." lol, i'm sorry, but that is just so funny to me.

And for any who doesn't remember the kidney lie, i'm going to write the whole long lie out, lol. it's totally awesome, is it not?

"You shouldn't be mad at Heather," Gavin begins. "It was all that guy's fault. See, she was trying to sober him up with a brisk walk around the park, but he wouldn't go for it. Fortunately I was passing by and was able to help get him here, or who knows what would have happened. Guy could have frozen. Or worse. I hear there's a doctor who jumps on any drunks he finds in the park and harvests their kidneys to donate to wealthy Bolivians on dialysis. You wake up in the morning all achy and you odn' t know why- and boom. Turns out someone stole your kidney."
lol, i just think that last line is priceless.

#36 megcabotfan5494

megcabotfan5494

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:25 AM

^
lol, that's is funny

--beth

#37 sassysweetstart

sassysweetstart

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:47 AM

gavin offers comic releif (so did did reggie until we found at that it wasn't true sadly:()

i would laugh if he finds love but that his true love turns out to be tara. i wonder what heather would do then.

kat

#38 sassysweetstart

sassysweetstart

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:50 AM

oh sorry not tara, tania! for some reason i keep wanting to call her tara. but anyway that would be interestign and funny.

kat

#39 lil_movie_star

lil_movie_star

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:44 PM

Lol, that would be hilarious. I would think maybe with his wild side, he would be good with Sarah, since she is very "goody-goody". That's not what i mean, but i can't think of the right word right now. Anyway, they would seem to balance each other out, Gavin and Sarah. Too bad Sarah already has the love of her life (if you have no idea what i'm talking about, its in the new summary of Big Boned). :(

#40 cant_get_enough

cant_get_enough

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:03 AM

"Okay," I say to Gavin, my heart beginning to pound. "Change of plans. On the count of three, we ditch Jordan, then run like hell."
lol, i'm sorry, but that is just so funny to me.

Yeah, I found that bit funny too. I liked how Heather turned to Gavin for help. even though you would think she wouldn't wnat to get him involved in her personal life. I mean, she could have said "You run like hell", but she didn't.
Rebecca

#41 ~*~*HeyHoTheCherryO~*~*

~*~*HeyHoTheCherryO~*~*

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:19 AM

Gavin is my ONE of my favorite characters. He's just so darn funny and all that, think he would be hot. ah well.

#42 Dauntra_is_me

Dauntra_is_me

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:03 AM

He's adorable. I was DYING for Heather to go out with him but no, she has to like Ted Taco or whatever his name was.
gads.
luv,
Maria

#43 roxxi27

roxxi27

Meg Cabot Fan

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:50 PM

NO DUH!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone should love him!!! And I kinda feel bad 'cause he loves heather.... she should soo date him!

#44 Helicopter22

Helicopter22

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:34 PM

I know, I just finished reading the book. He was so funny! He has a lot of heart, even if he tries to act tough. He reminds me of a song called "Fill My Little World" by The Feeling. It's the chorus going "Hey show some love, you aint so tough, come fill my little world,
right up, right up." I love that song, lol! It fits them to me.

#45 writingirl15

writingirl15

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:59 PM

"Aw, hell, Woman" He says that A LOT! I love him, he's soo funny! I hope to see him in Big Boned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users