• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Hanie1991

Hanie1991

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

There has been a recent steady flow of books this coming year (2010-2011) and Meg Cabot is promising us all on new stuff and old books being re-issued. Mahirap makahanap ng mga international books if not imported into our country right? And so ang goal natin is to help one another (including mwah) kung paano makakuha ng books like Meg Cabot's so we could stay in touch with the trend. Peace! Woot!

:icon_flower:

#2 Hanie1991

Hanie1991

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:54 PM

okay that didn't go out so well...
anyway...
:heartbeat:

i can't wait for the releasae of abandon in phil and i've pre-ordered *demanded & blackmailed*
the bookstore to send me a copy as soon as it releases.
hey it's possible.
way to go customer service!! wooh!

:icon_geek: hanie

#3 heykaterpillar

heykaterpillar

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:01 AM

Hi Hanie! I'm also a Filipino and sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person here who comes from the Philippines but now, I'm glad I've found you! :lol:

It's great you've already pre-ordered Abandon. I haven't still because I'm staying in the province this summer so I am no where near civilization of some kind. But hey at east there's internet access still.

Oh gosh. We're allowed to speak in our own language aren't we? I seem to have forgotten. Anyway, this is what I've got to say...(ecstatic as it is)

Ang saya pede na akong maka pag Tagalog. :D Mabuhay! :D

#4 Hanie1991

Hanie1991

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:09 AM

hey !! oh my!! finally! i've been dying here (i mean literally) waiting for someone to talk to.. and yeah i've forgotten to talk tagalog already...
ahaha
san ka sa pinas ngayun?
i live in cagayan de oro city, but i'm in davao right now...
vacation and all...

:mgbumblebee: hanie

by the way i'm hanie!

#5 heykaterpillar

heykaterpillar

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:57 AM

Well, at least we have some place for ourselves. :a_smil08: I do wonder if there are still other Filipinos around. I just know you and Lynn. :hyper:

Oh I see.Wow you're far from where I am. Lol.I really reside in Batangas that's why I'm here for the summer. But I'm studying in Manila so I only stay in Batangas every once in a while. ^_^

Grabe. Pagnandito talaga ako sa MCMB nahihirapan ako mag Tagalog. Baka kasi mamaya mapaTagalog ako sa ibang thread. haha :hyper:

#6 Hanie1991

Hanie1991

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:23 PM

:lol: i know what you mean... oh see? its hard because i've been here and all i do is harness my english with all the others here and i didn't know there were filipino fans of meg cabot. now i am not alone...
:lol:

who's lynn? can i meet her? what's her name here? damn, i only know you and i speak in english.

nakakainis minsan. i speak cebuano as well seeing that i'm from mindanao... ooh, too far.

:love7: anyway, do you have friends who you know who like meg cabot? most of my friends hate reading books but if they do (on the rare occasions that they do ) they always loved princess diaries.

i alwyas tell them about her other books that are equally super-awesome but they just say 'oh okay, later...' and they always always ask for MY books which are then returned... like trash!

they don't take care of them.. oh look at me i'm ranting... ahaha

what's your favorite meg cabot book? mine is mediator..... forever... :hyper:

#7 heykaterpillar

heykaterpillar

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:31 AM

Haha.Lynn is ragulto101. Of course you can meet her! Just look her up in my friends. ^_^

Wow.We really are soul sisters! My dad is from Mindanao but we haven't visited our relatives there for a very long time. I don't even know how to speak their dialect which makes it difficult if my grandma speaks to me on the phone.

I know what you mean! Actually, throughout high school and even when I went to college, none of my friends are really that much into books as I am. I also once let them borrow my books so you know to spark their interests somehow. They liked it but for sometime, they just don't have the passion for it. I just ended up having my All-American Girl book smudged with chocolate. Guess we're on the same boat. :lol: Kaya hindi ko na ulit sila pinahiram. Kasi they wrecked my book which I treasure the most. Hahaha. I'm bitter.

I only have a few Mediator books which I don't think I have read yet. is it really that good?

My favorite is of course Princess Diaries and All American Girl. :D

#8 ragulto101

ragulto101

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:01 AM

Oy! Anong ginagawa nyo dito? ;)

Si Lynn to - anong bago?

#9 heykaterpillar

heykaterpillar

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:47 AM

Hi Lynn! Kilala mo na ba si Hanie? ^_^

#10 ragulto101

ragulto101

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

Si Hanie? Oo naman..kaibigan ko sya dito pero hindi nya alam anong panggalan ko - Lynn.

Anong bago sa inyo?

Walang bago dito...eh...oh!

1.Ako yung Top One sa clase ko. Valedictorian.
2.Bastos talaga yung lalaki dito sa America - idiots, di ba?
3.Lunes yung graduation ko...thank the heavens...

Nothing new really...

-Lynn ;)

Edited by ragulto101, 01 June 2011 - 11:51 AM.

#11 candycane

candycane

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:35 AM

Hi! :D I'm glad they have a forum like this! :)

Nakatira ako ngayon sa maynila. :D Bago pa lang ako dito sa website na ito!

(Everytime I try to speak tagalog in my head, I sound a bit barok...but sometimes I can speak straight tagalog without having the difficulty to translate things in my head.)

#12 heykaterpillar

heykaterpillar

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:02 AM

Si Hanie? Oo naman..kaibigan ko sya dito pero hindi nya alam anong panggalan ko - Lynn.

Anong bago sa inyo?

Walang bago dito...eh...oh!

1.Ako yung Top One sa clase ko. Valedictorian.
2.Bastos talaga yung lalaki dito sa America - idiots, di ba?
3.Lunes yung graduation ko...thank the heavens...

Nothing new really...

-Lynn ;)

Natawa naman ako. Sana malaman na niya name mo. :hyper: Pero at least friends na pala kayo. :)

Oh my gosh Lynn! Congratulations! :eusa_clap: Valedictorian ka pala. Galing :lol:
and andyan ka pala sa US ngayon?

Hi! :D I'm glad they have a forum like this! :)

Nakatira ako ngayon sa maynila. :D Bago pa lang ako dito sa website na ito!

(Everytime I try to speak tagalog in my head, I sound a bit barok...but sometimes I can speak straight tagalog without having the difficulty to translate things in my head.)

Welcome! What's your name candycane? I'm Kat! :D

Yun nga e. Nahihirapan din ako magtagalog dito. Getting used to type in english. :lol:

#13 candycane

candycane

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:31 AM

Welcome! What's your name candycane? I'm Kat! :D

Yun nga e. Nahihirapan din ako magtagalog dito. Getting used to type in english. :lol:

I'm Mikayla! :D

I'm used to speaking and typing english a lot more than speaking tagalog. And sometimes because of that my parents make fun of me.

#14 heykaterpillar

heykaterpillar

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:18 AM

I'm Mikayla! :D

I'm used to speaking and typing english a lot more than speaking tagalog. And sometimes because of that my parents make fun of me.

well that's just awesome. ^_^ because the more you speak and type in english the better. :lol:
really, they do? haha. maybe they find it amusing. :D

#15 ragulto101

ragulto101

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:20 AM

Natawa naman ako. Sana malaman na niya name mo. :hyper: Pero at least friends na pala kayo. :)

Oh my gosh Lynn! Congratulations! :eusa_clap: Valedictorian ka pala. Galing :lol:
and andyan ka pala sa US ngayon?

Salamat naman te :) At oo...dito ako sa US kasi nandito si mama...long story

At ikaw? Nasaan ka na? Sa Pilipias, di ba? ...eh...sa Uni ka na?

-----

BAGO

1. Miercoles na yung grad namin...tanga tanga...they changed it
2. Yung Principal namin dito? Meron siya ng "money rolls" para sa honor students - ako yun!!!
3. at, oo nga...wala na yung sariling wika ko...sad really

@Mikayla - Ako rin! My mom does that alot because tumira ako sa Pilipinas para sa 9 na taon at hindi ko na alam magsalita...hindi na fluent

-Lynn

Edited by ragulto101, 03 June 2011 - 10:20 AM.

#16 candycane

candycane

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:42 AM

well that's just awesome. ^_^ because the more you speak and type in english the better. :lol:
really, they do? haha. maybe they find it amusing. :D

Yeah, sometimes it's a benefit to speak and type in english a lot better. But sometimes I find it hard when I'm conversing to some people whose first language is tagalog.

:D Yeah, they kinda do.

Last new year's, we went to my relative's place, and then my mom's cousin--who speaks in tagalog a lot more than english--does sign language(not exactly sign language, but he points things out, and motions for it) because he knows I'm an english speaker. And when he does it, it's hilarious, because sometimes it's quite irrelevant to what he's actualy trying to tell me. :) And my mom buts in and corrects him or points it out when I don't get it at all.

@Mikayla - Ako rin! My mom does that alot because tumira ako sa Pilipinas para sa 9 na taon at hindi ko na alam magsalita...hindi na fluent

Ooh. So saan ka na ngayon?

It's like my cousins. Two of my cousins in the States don't really speak straight tagalog after living there for quite a while now. The older one, between the two of them, can understand and speak a bit, but she has an accent when she speaks. And the younger one doesn't understand much and can barely speak tagalog. So when they visited and me and my cousin talked in tagalog she got pissed and told us to speak in english instead. :D

#17 ragulto101

ragulto101

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:39 PM

To my Ate(s) here,

Your fella Filipina needs feedbacks on her new story to see if she(I) should continue writing. Please - with a cherry on top?

Thanks,

-Lynn

P.S. @Mikayla - Na sa America na ako. OO, nga. At yung fellow Filipino friends ko dito call it: "being Americanized". Haha XD

#18 Hanie1991

Hanie1991

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:53 AM

OH-EM-GEE!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

guys i'm sorry it's been like a hellish two weeks na hinid ako nakapag-internet! darn it! i missed y'all and wha else is on mcmb but yey am here again! :user:

lynn darling: :icon_flower:
di ko alam na may lahi kang pilipino! i just thought u happened to visit philippines sometime before but it never occured to me and yes we've been like sister-friends already!! hey there! and hey tell me the title for that story yu want read. i can help! we can like help each other!

katy: :hyper:
sister-friend! may kasama na tayo! i thought we're all alone then you said si lynn and then there's me and mikayla is here!

mikayla: :mgwave:
hi there! i'm hanie and i'm thrilled to meet you! how're things? aheehe

me: what's new:
1. i'm off-sem for this year and instead i'm learning to speak other languages :)
2. i've been well but life is boring and writing is coming slow for me, si katy wala pang sinusulat na nalalaman ko. meron ba? hey, let me know
3. and to out new sister, mikayla! welcome to filipino(filipina) although kailangna yatang i-change ang title, tsk, tsk...

hey, once again! and see my really wide grin/smile/grimace
:icon_flower: :icon_sunny: :icon_geek: :mgwave: :icon_lol: :hyper:

always

hanie (de silva) :angel1:

#19 Hanie1991

Hanie1991

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:57 AM

ps:

hey y'all we could always speak tag-lish right?
dito sa bahay namin bisaya-english sometimes tagalog kami magspeak.

hanie

#20 Hanie1991

Hanie1991

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:01 AM

Haha.Lynn is ragulto101. Of course you can meet her! Just look her up in my friends. ^_^

Wow.We really are soul sisters! My dad is from Mindanao but we haven't visited our relatives there for a very long time. I don't even know how to speak their dialect which makes it difficult if my grandma speaks to me on the phone.

I know what you mean! Actually, throughout high school and even when I went to college, none of my friends are really that much into books as I am. I also once let them borrow my books so you know to spark their interests somehow. They liked it but for sometime, they just don't have the passion for it. I just ended up having my All-American Girl book smudged with chocolate. Guess we're on the same boat. :lol: Kaya hindi ko na ulit sila pinahiram. Kasi they wrecked my book which I treasure the most. Hahaha. I'm bitter.

I only have a few Mediator books which I don't think I have read yet. is it really that good?

My favorite is of course Princess Diaries and All American Girl. :D

:icon_lol: i know right? my friends are like this as well, i urge them to read stuff by meg cabot and they'll be like, 'wow she's really good, i'm her number one fan' but they don't go as far as we do right?
haha maybe we do it all to the extreme but meg cabot for me will always be my inspiration that helped me find myself in writing...

:icon_mecry2: :heartbeat:

#21 candycane

candycane

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

Lynn - :D Haha. Yeah. Nasanay na kasi. Like now, my parents say that when I say 'Ate', to call either of our maids, that I sound kind of weird and that I've got an accent because I think I got influenced when I talk to my maids. :))

Hanie - Hi! :D Nice to meet you too! Things are great. It was raining the other day! :D So it's not too hot anymore!

#22 Hanie1991

Hanie1991

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:21 AM

Lynn - :D Haha. Yeah. Nasanay na kasi. Like now, my parents say that when I say 'Ate', to call either of our maids, that I sound kind of weird and that I've got an accent because I think I got influenced when I talk to my maids. :))

Hanie - Hi! :D Nice to meet you too! Things are great. It was raining the other day! :D So it's not too hot anymore!

everything's cool, mikayla! hi! :icon_sunny:

hey guys, i was just wondering, who is in phils right now and who's not?
like lynn is in america and katy is here and me as well.

how's school so far? going well?

:mgicecream: :mgicecream: :mgicecream: :mgicecream: :mgicecream:

#23 ragulto101

ragulto101

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

CANDYCANE - Haha, awkward, di ba? Wala na kaming maids kasi nasa America na kami. Pero yung maids naming dyan sa Pilipinas, we call them "Ate" rin kasi, long time friends sila. So, they are like family. (Alam mo, I miss having helpers. Because now, I have to do alot of work, especially cause I am the eldest.)

---

#24 candycane

candycane

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:36 AM

everything's cool, mikayla! hi! :icon_sunny:

hey guys, i was just wondering, who is in phils right now and who's not?
like lynn is in america and katy is here and me as well.

how's school so far? going well?

:mgicecream: :mgicecream: :mgicecream: :mgicecream: :mgicecream:

I'm in the Philippines right now.

I haven't really checked this site in a while, and it's because of school. It's pretty hectic right now with harder subjects and even harder schedules.

Oh, and I think I'm one of the few people who's watching Harry Potter today. :( It's showing today in the Philippines. I really want to watch but my mom has free tickets for next week, so I'll only be able to watch it until then.

CANDYCANE - Haha, awkward, di ba? Wala na kaming maids kasi nasa America na kami. Pero yung maids naming dyan sa Pilipinas, we call them "Ate" rin kasi, long time friends sila. So, they are like family. (Alam mo, I miss having helpers. Because now, I have to do alot of work, especially cause I am the eldest.)

---

Haha. That's one reason why my dad doesn't want to live in the states. That and the high cost of living - well, that's what he says, aynway. :)

Ah, well sometimes my mom makes me do chores. So technically, I still have to work. :)

#25 ragulto101

ragulto101

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:38 AM

CANDYCANE -- Yeah, the world of luxury we were used to, now gone. Sigh. But it's life lesson, right? I mean, we won't have maids our whole lives. Chores are the worst, especially if you have to do them for free!!

#26 candycane

candycane

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:52 AM

CANDYCANE -- Yeah, the world of luxury we were used to, now gone. Sigh. But it's life lesson, right? I mean, we won't have maids our whole lives. Chores are the worst, especially if you have to do them for free!!

Hi. :)) It's been a month. And school (again) is taking up most of my time. They're integrating 5 subjects in one project! And they don't exactly relate to one another.

I'm sorry. I'm starting to rant.

Anyway. Yeah, well, at least you guys have a lot of access to a lot of things we don't have here. Like concerts (because bands tour the states more often) and specific brand stores. But then it's also okay that you don't have maids, so you learn to be independent and not too dependent on others like I kind of am. :)) And well, I agree with you with the chores part. :))

#27 heykaterpillar

heykaterpillar

Meg Cabot Reader

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:27 AM

Hello fellow Pinoys! :D I'm having a blast just by reading your conversations in this thread. :lol:

It's good to be back!

:D

#28 ragulto101

ragulto101

Meg Cabot Obsessed

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

O

#29 ragulto101

ragulto101

Meg Cabot Obsessed